VW Type 1 engine, and parts

Stinky

Reaction score
VW type 1 Single-port engine.  The engine started life as a '66, or thereabouts, 1,500.  No telling what it is not.  It was in a sandrail that I bought I bought.  It has not run in years.  I have not messed w/it at all.   It has a Zenith NDIX PO10 carb, 009 Distributor and 12V Alternator, external oil filter on it. I am not sure of the carb size, at this time. I plan to take it off soon and check the numbers. It has funky exhaust on it...possibly from a Transporter?  The PO passed away.  His daughter told me that it was fast (1,100# street rail/car).

Engine has about 120 degrees of crank rotation.  It feels like it is hitting on corroded cylinders.  When turning it, it turns easy.

Flywheel to power-pulley (not the clutch).

I will part it out: Carb, intake, and filter $125, Flywheel $60, SP Heads $100 pair, crankshaft $75, Alternator, fan, tin & stand $125, Power-Pulley w/cover $10, 009 $30, case $70, Fuel Pump $15, Exhaust $20.  Complete engine $450

I am looking for wide front and rear rims. I have Centerline rims in front, and they are only 4" wide, so they aren't wide enough. It is the 5 on 205mm bolt pattern

Send me a PM and I'll send you my phone #   and I'll text you some pics

I am in Western CO....going to Vegas for 4/1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back