UTV Stereo

Jd101g

Reaction score
Located in the East Valley of Phoenix. Asking for a friend, my stereo was installed by UTV stereo a few years back and I really like it. The quality of the install and the product itself is very good. However, it seems that in recent years UTV Stereo is now pushing their in store brand of speakers and amps. I’m sure they deliver quality products being that they’re are very known but if I’m paying $3k minimum for a top end stereo I would Prefer to have a more industry known brand. What are your thoughts? Does anyone here have a recent UTV Stereo kit installed. I don’t see many UTV Stereo shops in the area. 

I did a Rockford Fosgate system in my last SXS and it sounded great in my opinion. I think I paid ~$1200 for the system (that was in '19) and it was plug and play. All the mounts and wiring is designed for your specific car which makes for a clean install for DYI. I'm sure you could pay to have it installed and still be way under $3k.

In my youth I did custom high end car audio and even competed for a couple of years. I've done a few big systems in my sand rails and my 2020 X3 and I purchased a few items from UTV Stereo like their dual battery kit, amp mounts etc. The one thing that really impressed me with UTV Stereo was their customer service. They gave me great recommendations and even suggested using a competitors (SSV Works) product for some of my install. Now with that said, I went with Kenwood Amps and Kicker Speakers.....but honestly, I have heard some of their UTV Stereo cars and they were very impressive. I think they are offering a quality product line....something else to keep in mind, the last thing a shop/company like a UTV Stereo wants is to one, have product returns and two, pissed off customers that have platforms like GD.Com that could destroy their business/reputation with one post! 

If you can, go visit them and look / listen to some of their demo cars...then decide. 

:cheers:  

In my youth I did custom high end car audio and even competed for a couple of years. I've done a few big systems in my sand rails and my 2020 X3 and I purchased a few items from UTV Stereo like their dual battery kit, amp mounts etc. The one thing that really impressed me with UTV Stereo was their customer service. They gave me great recommendations and even suggested using a competitors (SSV Works) product for some of my install. Now with that said, I went with Kenwood Amps and Kicker Speakers.....but honestly, I have heard some of their UTV Stereo cars and they were very impressive. I think they are offering a quality product line....something else to keep in mind, the last thing a shop/company like a UTV Stereo wants is to one, have product returns and two, pissed off customers that have platforms like GD.Com that could destroy their business/reputation with one post! 

If you can, go visit them and look / listen to some of their demo cars...then decide. 

:cheers:  
I’m confused with this. If you competed and came from the world of high end audio, then why would you go with Kenwood and kicker? 

I guess UTV Stereo no longer contracts with Rockford Fosgate to sell their stuff. Interesting given that RF is in their backyard in Tempe. 

I’m confused with this. If you competed and came from the world of high end audio, then why would you go with Kenwood and kicker? 
We're talking car audio for Off-Road vehicles not a competition sound system for an Audi R8!! 

Kenwood Marine 5-Ch for it's size and power - Kicker's sound great and very durable and their Subs are some of the best for small sealed enclosures....plus SSV Works makes a great 4" enclosure that fits the Can-Am Dash stock location that utilizes a 4" Kicker 2-way.

And the install and tuning can make or break a sound system.  

We're talking car audio for Off-Road vehicles not a competition sound system for an Audi R8!! 

Kenwood Marine 5-Ch for it's size and power - Kicker's sound great and very durable and their Subs are some of the best for small sealed enclosures....plus SSV Works makes a great 4" enclosure that fits the Can-Am Dash stock location that utilizes a 4" Kicker 2-way.

And the install and tuning can make or break a sound system.  
Not saying they don’t make things that fit SXS’s. Just coming from a high end audio world, I would think your ear would demand the best. SSV makes sub enclosures, speaker enclosures, and tower speaker enclosures that fit different size speakers. I’m running (4) 6 1/2 Fosgate coaxials, a Wetsound sound bar, a JL 10w3 and an Alpine pdx900. I didn’t plan for the Mutt system but it ended up that way! I used to always run JL Audio but wanted to try something different. I like how the Fosgate door speakers sound but the sub wasn’t cutting it. So I went back to old faithful. As for the amp, this particular amp is my favorite. The JL is great but pretty pricy and I’m not impressed with Fosgate’s version. 

Not saying they don’t make things that fit SXS’s. Just coming from a high end audio world, I would think your ear would demand the best. SSV makes sub enclosures, speaker enclosures, and tower speaker enclosures that fit different size speakers. I’m running (4) 6 1/2 Fosgate coaxials, a Wetsound sound bar, a JL 10w3 and an Alpine pdx900. I didn’t plan for the Mutt system but it ended up that way! I used to always run JL Audio but wanted to try something different. I like how the Fosgate door speakers sound but the sub wasn’t cutting it. So I went back to old faithful. As for the amp, this particular amp is my favorite. The JL is great but pretty pricy and I’m not impressed with Fosgate’s version. 
Ya, not going to break the bank for off-road applications getting exposure being sand blasted, moisture etc. and really we are talking about listening to some tunes while sitting in the dunes with friends having some drinks and crackin jokes. I like the JL Audio equipment but a bit pricey. I just picked up another sand rail and may try JL Speakers this time....we'll see. I am not a fan of Rockford....they make nice System's in a plug & play box and make it easy for folks but not for me. 

In my truck I ran Audio Control Amps, Illusion Separates in the doors and ARC Audio Subs.....but that's an environment where you want quality equipment and sound for hours of listening time. 

Honestly this was my first experience with Kicker Speakers and I am very impressed with their output and clarity. The Kenwood Marine Amp is a workhorse and very overlooked for use in these types of applications.  

Back