Used cars from private sellers

onanysunday

Reaction score
Can't find any. Does anyone sell their own car anymore? Seems like Carvana this and that and then the dealers.  Wife wants to upgrade her 08 Audi tt to a newer one. Maybe a 14 or 15 without the virtual cockpit. Then I can put a real sound system in it. I have not found a single car from a private seller. Anywhere to look other than cars.com, auto trader, craigslist?

No.  No one does.  Facebook marketplace if they do.  

Lots are taking the easy route and selling to desperate dealers. We're selling the wife's Edge.  Highest offer we got from John Q was $1000 less than the first offer from every dealer we've visited.  

I just sold my 2012 International for $7500.00 to a scrap yard. The engine was about to blow. MAXXFORCE motors sucked! Glad i've gotten rid of all my INT trucks. They didn't do me well at all. Now, i'm in the market for something too. No one has the right truck. Going to be tough to find. Peace

Put your wife's car as a private sale anyplace and you will get 100 calls from dealerships making reasonable offers.  When I had the YXZ on Craiqslist all of the Ride Nows called me telling to bring it in and if it was as advertised they would pay me asking price. I :lmao:  and sold it private party but was talking to people and they said, yeah they paid me what I wanted didn't even blink as they wrote the check. 

So yeah the Dealerships that have zero inventory have been buying up every used car they can find just so they have something to sell and  some of them are running out of cars.  Buddy just got a car from Carvana.  They shipped it from Florida for no extra charge and they dropped it off at his mechanic for inspection before he accepted it. Had a few nit pick items and Carvana agreed to fix all of them for no additional charge. 

Crazy times, Might need to tell the Wife to cool her jets for a little bit.

Buddy just got a car from Carvana.  They shipped it from Florida for no extra charge and they dropped it off at his mechanic for inspection before he accepted it. Had a few nit pick items and Carvana agreed to fix all of them for no additional charge. 
My Co-worker did the same with Carvana.  '18 (I think) Crewcab 1500 Silverado 4x4 out of Indiana. 36k miles.  Way cheaper than anything around here.

My Co-worker did the same with Carvana.  '18 (I think) Crewcab 1500 Silverado 4x4 out of Indiana. 36k miles.  Way cheaper than anything around here.
My Ex-B-i-L was a used car wholesaler and he use to fly out from Indiana stay in a hotel buy 10 trucks at the auctions drive one back ship the other 9 and made a living doing it.  They loved our high mileage rust free trucks 

Well this is beyond absurd. 4 days looking and can't find a single car we can even go see in person. Carmax, Vroom, and Carvana you have to buy sight unseen. Can't even go look at the cars much less drive one. Then I believe 7 days to return it. Did find on Auto trader you can select private sellers only. Will continue to look there including out of state private sellers. 

Well this is beyond absurd. 4 days looking and can't find a single car we can even go see in person. Carmax, Vroom, and Carvana you have to buy sight unseen. Can't even go look at the cars much less drive one. Then I believe 7 days to return it. Did find on Auto trader you can select private sellers only. Will continue to look there including out of state private sellers. 
That's some bull.snot...  no freaken way I'm buying a car I've not driven... 

I walked in and bought a car from Carmax with no appt just 6 months ago, did something change?  

OK, My wife has been looking and just clarified. The Carmax address was showing local but the car is in Ohio. They must deliver it to the Scottsdale lot. If it was a local car maybe we could go look at it. Not sure. 

Have you tried looking around on some of the Audi forums? Might be some private party sellers on there.

Have you tried looking around on some of the Audi forums? Might be some private party sellers on there.
Good idea. Just checked and not much. Not many of these cars to begin with so it is even harder in this market.

I buy and sell on Craigslist.  You have to filter out the BS.  A good question that I have is, where are you?  Natrually, you don't do money w/anyone that hasn't seen it yet and you don't ship....all common sense.

Well............. My wife really surprised me tonight. I had shown her the Nissan 370z before and she had said to macho for her. That was until she saw a convertible.  Ended up paying $24,750 which is $700 above high KBB. I am ok with that considering how fast cars are selling right now. 5.4 seconds 0-60 and a 13.4 quarter at 105. Pretty respectable for a V6. Love these motors and have had this platform in my buggies including the current Funco (VQ35DE). Just over 20,000 miles on this car in 9 years and it is beyond mint. Literally like new. 

2012 Nissan 370z Roadster - Touring Edition with Sport Package.
Absolutely Perfect Condition!!! Paint, Interior, Wheels and Convertible Top are in Like New Condition.
No Accidents - Senior female driven with only 20,480 miles
V6, 3.7 Liter Automatic Transmission with manual paddle shifting. Hard to find light grey Leather Interior.
Features Include: Touring Convenience Package, Sport Package, Back-up Camera, Bose Premium Sound, Satellite Radio, Bluetooth, Keyless Entry, Push Button Start/Stop, Power adjustable seats with lumbar support, Heated and Cooled seats, 19" Rays Alloy Wheels, New Tires, Sport Brakes, Limited Slip Differential, and MORE!
Excellent Condition - Regular Maintenance - EXTREMELY CLEAN VEHICLE
Private Party - No Sales Tax. CALL OR TEXT FOR QUICK RESPONSE.

00y0y_6HRomyYdRozz_0ww0oo_600x450.jpg

00v0v_gNj7zSCrCOMz_0ww0oo_600x450.jpg

00l0l_eDZaOeCttlnz_0ww0oo_600x450.jpg

00q0q_8iOy655XAeJz_0bY07o_600x450.jpg

Back