Used Car Values-Who is paying the most

ChasingSand

Reaction score
I am thinking about getting rid of my 2017 Honda Accord as for the time being (and the last 15 months) I will not be commuting. I really have no use for the car anymore.

Is it worth going to some dealers to see what they will pay or is Carmax still offering the most money?

Car is in great shape but just hit 100K on the odometer so I know I have that working against me. KBB puts the car at close to 15K.

You always get the most money from a private sale unless you are trading it in and buying a new car

Go on KBB.com, value your car and put in your info.

Watch as your phone assplodes from dealership calls.  Pit them against each other. :biggrin:

You always get the most money from a private sale unless you are trading it in and buying a new car
It's been nuts lately.  We have the wife's car listed.  Only 1 bite, no real interest.  Did above on kbb.com and they're burning her phone down with offers beyond our ad.  Would take them up on it...

But no one has the car we want to replace hers with, so patience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go on KBB.com, value your car and put in your info.

Watch as your phone assplodes from dealership calls.  Pit them against each other. :biggrin:
Thanks for the heads up! Going to do that now!

It's been nuts lately.  We have the wife's car listed.  Only 1 bite, no real interest.  Did above on kbb.com and they're burning her phone down with offers beyond our ad.  
Yep.... Believe me, I see dealerships everyday, and they need cars!!!

Carvana buys cars too.

My gf is thinking about selling her car and just drive my POS '00 Civic for a bit to save some money.  Carfax offered her more that KBB, and is has some body "blemishes"...bullet hole in the roof..lol

Yep.  Sad to see really.  
I keep getting calls from the dealer I bought my 2020 GMC 2500... They are offering crazy, more than I paid for it money!!!..... Im holding out for now.... I really dont need a 3/4 ton truck anymore

I keep getting calls from the dealer I bought my 2020 GMC 2500... They are offering crazy, more than I paid for it money!!!..... Im holding out for now.... I really dont need a 3/4 ton truck anymore
Ditto for the Mustang.  I do need a daily, and driving that loaner Edge reminded me how much enjoying the drive means to my mood, LOL

Carvana buys cars too.

My gf is thinking about selling her car and just drive my POS '00 Civic for a bit to save some money.  Carfax offered her more that KBB, and is has some body "blemishes"...bullet hole in the roof..lol
This requires a story, feel free to embellish and lie profusely during its telling... :biggrin:

For shits and giggles, I took my 2019 Ram 3500 with about 14k miles to Carmax. They offered me $56K which was $4k more then I payed for it. Ended up selling it on private market for $60k. 

What about a 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited, much demand for these? I would gladly give it up today if there was something I wanted. lol

What about a 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited, much demand for these? I would gladly give it up today if there was something I wanted. lol
There is demand for most any car right now.

I leased a 2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback about a year and a half ago for my commute.  I put 17k miles on it, which in CA means a fair amount of rock chips, but I take really good care of my stuff so interior and paint were pristine outside of the chips.  MSRP was like 24k, negotiated that down and setup a lease where I paid $2k at signing and $255/mo (made 14 payments).  I bought it out for just under $18k so I could sell it, since my commute has changed.  All-in-all I was about $23k into the car... sold it in 1 day for $23,500.  I probably could have gotten more but it was just a no-brainer easy sale.

-TJ

How about an 2003 Chevy 2500HD 6.0L CC 4x4...150k -ish miles..... :deal:

....or an 2005 HON Pilot, 180k....might be time to bank some $$ for the next Truck or SUV.

I'm driving a 2018 HON Odyssey Mini Van 9 out of 10 times when I leave the house as it is...

200.gif
200.gif

They'll burn your door down to find the title right now. 

Back