USB flash drive to improve slow WiFi connection

wopachop

Reaction score
Does anyone currently do this in glamis and have tips to make it perform better? Lets say youre in Glamis on a saturday and have a verizon jetpack that is throttled down and very slow. Can you tell a smart TV to begin downloading the program, and then several hours later begin watching some if it? Im new to this and not sure if you can download and watch at the  same time. Or create multiple folders. 

Yesterday we were using a cell phone hotspot and getting a speed of 59 Megabits per second. But the show was skipping like crazy. Even with quality down at 360p. It was Floracing dot com and not sure if the problem was on their end. Or maybe its because my laptop is old and low on memory causing it to run slow. I was thinking if i had a flash drive i could save portions of the broadcast and then watch it back skip free. I viewed a couple youtube help videos but thought asking here would get better info and maybe help others since more and more RVs are coming with smart televisions. 

Are you even allowed to saved live streams? Take motocross on Floracing as an example. Can you record that for own personal use to watch later?

I had Van Halen playing in the background of a youtube video i made driving an RC car. Was by accident. Didnt take long to get some type of warning. 

If you're getting 59 megabits per second you could easily support six HD streams at the same time. The problem is obviously at their end. If you did have a slow connection, it's going to take a long time to download the whole show and then you could finally watch it but it would be a long time to wait. You should look into a Tivo type unit with DVR built in to download and watch later.

Can the problem be on their end, but only effect some people? Its been a topic how bad the motocross coverage is this year. Some people watch flo racing without issue. Others claim to have fast internet and the tv skips and pauses on them. 

Im hoping a smart TV matched with a flash drive could act similar to a Tivo setup. Ideally i could tell the TV to record the show in 720p or maybe even less. That might help when out in glamis with throttled internet.  I plan to make longer trips this coming year. Be sweet to watch TV at night cooking dinner and stuff. The slow internet could be downloading during the day to the flash drive. 

I download movies, shows, etc. off Netflix to my phone. It's just part of their service, then when I'm on a plane, etc with not Cellular or Wi-Fi service, i can watch on my phone.

You could screen share from your phone to your smart tv - that's easy to do, always works.

As to your streaming service, open a ticket with your provider and start there, might be issue on their end.

Long weekends huh, are you planning on keeping your TH at storage and bring back and forth all season?

I carry these cellular routers that do 5 band aggregation and work killer on gecko during busy weekends.  We were streaming 4 shows last year during Pres weekend. 

Back