Upgrading Stock ECU to AEM 2 on Honda J35 and have questions

JM PRO

Reaction score
Hi guys,

As the title says, I am upgrading my ECU to AEM and have a couple questions concerning the wires that are attached in the far left plug location and are hot glued into place. I assume I will need to use these wires in the new ECU but is there a cleaner way? does anyone sell that harness plug? I can try to remove the hot glue but do we know which pins are being used?

Thanks in advance

IMG_2517.jpg

IMG_2518.jpg

Whoever makes your new harness should have those on a clip that will plug directly into the new ECU.

Also, if you look at the instruction manual for the 30-6051 it will give you the complete pin out for what is used on the AEM unit.

Last edited by a moderator:
AEM doesn't have a harness for that engine?

I think Legit Duner Here on the board builds Honda Harnesses. Nope Kraut and Rice does it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure why I would need a new harness? the Factory harness I have now plugs into the other 2 plugs. Not sure where that plug goes in the car but its not part of the engine harness. Maybe Transmission harness?

Those wires are for the DLC, tach, and fuel pump relay.  None of it is for the engine.

I can send you the cut off dashboard section that plugs into that socket ( about 1 foot long), or make you a small pig tail with just those wires. 

Those wires are for the DLC, tach, and fuel pump relay.  None of it is for the engine.

I can send you the cut off dashboard section that plugs into that socket ( about 1 foot long), or make you a small pig tail with just those wires. 
Now we are talkin! 

Yes, Please send me the plug with the small pigtails just for those wires. Thanks Kraut!

Back