Upgrading Inverter

Azdunerat

Reaction score
My Genesis Supreme came with a 1500 watt go power inverter along with the go power solar controller. 

I want to upgrade to a 3000 watt inverter so I can run my coffee maker and microwave without have to start the genny every time. I am running two SOK 200AH batteries so batter capacity isn’t a problem. 

my question is has anyone done this and is it as simple as just pulling the old inverter off and wiring the new inverter in its place?

I have a 3000 watt magnum inverter in my warrior, follow the wire size chart that comes with the inverter. You will need some big welding  cable to support 3000 watts and keep it short as possible. Otherwise it's plug and play

https://www.solar-electric.com/victron-multiplus-ii-inverter-charger-12-3000-120-50-2x120v-ul458.html i put this in my rv best one so far. comes with a 50a transfer switch inside also you can tell it via the app the size of your generator and it will either charge the battery or assist the generator to run a larger load. so if you are running a 2k gen and need 5k it will assist then when the load drops off it goes back to charging
Thats a great  setup !!!!

I upgraded from a 2000 watt to a magnum ms2812. My reason for the upgrade was to get a pure sine wave inverter vs the old modified sine wave. I converted over to a residential fridge and it was required. Anyway, I have 440 AH of battery bank, and while I can run the micro, or the coffee maker, I don't. It kills the batteries awful quick. Most guys that do that have twice the capacity that I have. I don't know the specifics of your coffee maker, or microwave, they may pull less juice then mine, but I wanted to share my experience. Also, I highly recommend installing a generator auto start. If your upgrading anyway, it's really nice to have. Also a battery monitor, it's very helpful know exactly how much AH has been used, or put back in. Although, you won't be checking it much with the auto Gen start. It just does its own thing. 

I upgraded from a 2000 watt to a magnum ms2812. My reason for the upgrade was to get a pure sine wave inverter vs the old modified sine wave. I converted over to a residential fridge and it was required. Anyway, I have 440 AH of battery bank, and while I can run the micro, or the coffee maker, I don't. It kills the batteries awful quick. Most guys that do that have twice the capacity that I have. I don't know the specifics of your coffee maker, or microwave, they may pull less juice then mine, but I wanted to share my experience. Also, I highly recommend installing a generator auto start. If your upgrading anyway, it's really nice to have. Also a battery monitor, it's very helpful know exactly how much AH has been used, or put back in. Although, you won't be checking it much with the auto Gen start. It just does its own thing. 
Are you running LiFePO batteries? 

Yes,

I believe they can provide the amperage needed for the higher draw items. 

that said I do have the genny auto start which is awesome. 

I upgraded to full Victron system and 2 Sok 206 batteries.  

Genesis wired the fridge, fan, and a few other things straight to the inverter.  You will need to move that stuff back to the panel.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions 

Matt

20221123_083453_Original.jpeg

20221105_152813_Original.jpeg

I upgraded to full Victron system and 2 Sok 206 batteries.  

Genesis wired the fridge, fan, and a few other things straight to the inverter.  You will need to move that stuff back to the panel.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions 

Matt

View attachment 77041

View attachment 77042
Very nice install. Did you do the work yourself or did you hire a company?

Very nice install. Did you do the work yourself or did you hire a company?
I did it myself.  Took a few days.   Hardest part was cutting out the battery tray

i used this diagram for fuse, wire size, and general layout.  Cool thing is you can zoom in for more details.  Also if don’t feel like hunting for all the stuff they offer kits

https://shop.explorist.life/shop/all-products/300-600ah-battery-bank-600w-1200w-solar-3000w-inverter-dc-dc-charger-wiring-diagram/

Last edited by a moderator:
Back