ULTRA BOATS

Big_Daddy_Jp

Reaction score
I know there is a boat section but it seems it doesn’t get much action. I’m looking at buying a boat. I know they are money pits but it’s been many years since I’ve had one so it’s like a reset! Anyways, I’ve been looking at several brands. I’m trying to get the best bang for the buck. What I want is an open bow I/O or jet with a 454. I’ve found a few Ultra boats that fit the bill but if I remember correctly, there was a few years that had bad issues with the mold cracking but I don’t know the years. Wondering if anyone knows the bad years? Also wondering if anyone knows of any boats that fit my search. I don’t want to spend any more than $15k. I’m looking for a clean boat that’s ready to be used or cheap enough to make into a nice boat. I can cut and buff gel coat and detail interior so that won’t be an issue. What I don’t want is soft spots in the floor, interior that is sun burnt and seams all coming apart, or cracked out wiring issues! Any help would be great! I also don’t mind outboards but they aren’t on the top of my list. If it is, it needs to be 200 or better. Thanks!

The earlier ones are all generic hulls. They molded their bigger boats and the walk on 21’s. Ultras are good, cant go wrong with carrera or eliminator, commander, etc. 

keep an eye on yuma craigslist

The earlier ones are all generic hulls. They molded their bigger boats and the walk on 21’s. Ultras are good, cant go wrong with carrera or eliminator, commander, etc. 

keep an eye on yuma craigslist
Thanks! Ya been looking at Yuma and also Havasu. 

I go to yuma regularly, there are two park and sell lots on foothills i will keep an eye out. Good stuff there

the ultras made in the 90's seemed to suffer form stress cracks as did alot of  others from that time period.

dang your 15k budget is gonna be hard to hit with the details you want

most 2000+ boats in that style and condition you want are still bringing 20-30k

my buddy just got a Ultra 21.5 bbc454 jet at action for 17k and it had hull damage, rotten stiching, etc....

dang your 15k budget is gonna be hard to hit with the details you want

most 2000+ boats in that style and condition you want are still bringing 20-30k

my buddy just got a Ultra 21.5 bbc454 jet at action for 17k and it had hull damage, rotten stiching, etc....
I understand what your saying. I have seen a few from time to time. Not looking for a perfect boat but also not looking for a project. Also not stuck on Ultra. This post was asking about bad years for the Ultra. Right now I’m eyeballing a couple Commanders. I’ve seen a couple cheetahs fit the bill, a couple Hawaiians, and only one Eliminator. All boats are quite a drive away and I don’t have a lot of fee time to drive the distances. For the right boat, I can make the time!

Bankruptcy

On

A

Trailer

:bag:

:lmao:

Ok, in all seriousness, my brother had a 21 ft Ultra, open bow...great boat, Never had any issues with it.

Bankruptcy

On

A

Trailer

:bag:

:lmao:

Ok, in all seriousness, my brother had a 21 ft Ultra, open bow...great boat, Never had any issues with it.
I was always told Bust Out Another Thousand!

Hit up @McGruff38 he had an Ultra up until a year or two ago. I've been with him several times with it, and it seemed to be a solid boat!

Back