Triple AAA RV towing

Johnny

Reaction score
I was a little blown away with AAA RV towing package, I have my 5th wheel trailer in glamis and on my way out last trip my truck broke down. I had my truck hauled to my mechanic at no charge. The next weekend I tried to get my trailer towed 176 miles back home and AAA would not tow it, For 2 reasons . Reason # 1  My trailer  was at a location different then where I broke down.

# 2  AAA has changed there RV 200 mile towing package WITH a 500 dollar tow max. So you can get your RV towed home but they put a cap on the dollar amount of what the towing company charges . I was so pissed because the quote from the towing company was 1,500 bucks just to get my trailer from glamis to my home 176 miles .

If you guys have a better RV package with another company please chime in.

Same, I had to have my motorhome towed from Red Earth home, 1500 bucks.  Tripple A Rv premium.  They reimbursed me 500 bucks. 

Was this the job Harvey at Joe Fab called me about? Never heard back after I gave him the cost. I think I quoted $1k. Downside is Glamis is 250 miles one way from me. Then 150 to San Diego and 150 miles back home. Lots of unloaded miles.

AAA has always had a $500 cap on RV towing. I drove Heavy Duty Tow/Recovery for a AAA contract company in the late 90's. 

I was a little blown away with AAA RV towing package, I have my 5th wheel trailer in glamis and on my way out last trip my truck broke down. I had my truck hauled to my mechanic at no charge. The next weekend I tried to get my trailer towed 176 miles back home and AAA would not tow it, For 2 reasons . Reason # 1  My trailer  was at a location different then where I broke down.

# 2  AAA has changed there RV 200 mile towing package WITH a 500 dollar tow max. So you can get your RV towed home but they put a cap on the dollar amount of what the towing company charges . I was so pissed because the quote from the towing company was 1,500 bucks just to get my trailer from glamis to my home 176 miles .

If you guys have a better RV package with another company please chime in.
We dumped AAA a few years back because they are a nightmare for RV’s and trailers. They left us stranded one time because we had a trailer with our rv. Our policy even covered trailers. Anyways Good Sams is the way to go for RV’s and trailers. They do a good job with our cars too. 

I’ve heard good things about Coach-Net on the Renegade Owner’s forum I’m on.  I haven’t signed up yet but planning to once we travel more. 

Coach-Net is the best one but $$$.  Probably more warrantied if you have a large bus.  If I just had a 5th wheel I would stick with Good Sam's.  I have a bus and have Good Sam's.  

We dropped AAA last year.

Was this the job Harvey at Joe Fab called me about? Never heard back after I gave him the cost. I think I quoted $1k. Downside is Glamis is 250 miles one way from me. Then 150 to San Diego and 150 miles back home. Lots of unloaded miles.

AAA has always had a $500 cap on RV towing. I drove Heavy Duty Tow/Recovery for a AAA contract company in the late 90's. 
Yes , Harvey did call on my behalf , About 8-9 years ago i was at the foot of big bear mountain with the same truck and had my buggy on a flat bed , They towed all 3 vehicles 98 miles all for free. I just assumed that was going to be the case with this tow. I am now waiting on my truck motor rebuild to get finished .

500 went a lot farther in the 90s than it does today 

500 went a lot farther in the 90s than it does today 
That is a fact for sure, I bet just the hookup fees would be 500 bucks. And then you add California in the price, And it's a different story.

Back