Trip report, Dumont Dunes

dbart

Reaction score
Ok, I know this is Glamisdunes...not Dumont Dunes dot calm!

However, there may be people that have never been to Dumont.

40 minutes north of Baker, small dunes, very steep, tons of trails around...lots of variation.

This was our Annual Boyz Trip, #35 I believe...for me it was my 20th. My first was 2002.

Anyways, here's some pics of the fun. My buddy Bret, lent me his Can Am since mine is in the Mystery stage of when it will actually arrive. Apparently it is being built by Blind Nuns who are hand sewing or hand making everything out of Un-Obtanium, in a Monastery near the Land of the Lost... :bag:

Dumont is just fun...Thursday was duning, Friday was duning then took a break at the creek to soak our feet and have some beverages.

Saturday we made the Trek to Tacopa and the Death Valley Mining Brewery...had lunch then hit the Hot springs about 2 miles away right out of town.

Nice art in this fine establishment as well. :biggrin:

When I say town....there's a church and a Bar all within a stones throw...that's about it. No traffic signals, no police.

On the way back we got lost...ended up on a highway taking us to Vegas....Figured out we shouldn't be on pavement that long then took some random trail south till we found the road/trail we were supposed to be on.

:lmao:

Great times with great friends.

Oh, the Can AM was a blast. Bret's is the 64" wide model, probably 2018, but it gave me an idea of what I can expect when I get mine. At first I hated the windshield, but then I opened the bottom of it and WOW it was awesome!

Still got airflow but hardly any dust. That was nice since it got cold on the way back from Tacopa and I was quite comfortable.

:laugh1:

Got home and can't return something borrowed without it looking better than when I got it...all cleaned up for Bret.

:dbart:

IMG_20220319_191553895_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220317_190213429_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220317_190009695_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220319_191549961_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220317_190023870_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220317_132340223_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220317_114048267_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220318_141732435_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220318_142024619.jpg

IMG_20220319_175351470.jpg

IMG_20220319_182655463_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220319_130936381_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220319_175358750.jpg

IMG_20220319_134429685_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220319_135118953_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220319_204432970.jpg

IMG_20220319_182659420.jpg

IMG_20220320_145221861.jpg

IMG_20220320_162749075_HDR.jpg

Nice, I have always wanted to make a trip to Dumont, plan to hit it this coming up season.

I love Dumont and I love Art. This thread is all win.

200.gif

Dumont is fun.  Bringing the dirt tires and exploring the trails would make it better.  

Your X3 will have more power, more suspension, and feel more stable.   Nice not having to keep your foot to the floor to get around the dunes. 

Dumont is fun.  Bringing the dirt tires and exploring the trails would make it better.  

Your X3 will have more power, more suspension, and feel more stable.   Nice not having to keep your foot to the floor to get around the dunes. 
Plus when the wind kicks up, you go hide in the canyons. You don't spend a day sitting in the trailer watching movies.

:thumb:

Yeah, even with the dirt tires, I had no issues duning this thing.

Can't wait...I'm headed to the dealer to check progress on mine and Dave's.

I'm not holding my breath though.

Nice. Thanks for posting. 
Never been to Dumont. 
Should put it on my bucket list. 

Logistically Dumont make the most sense for us in northern nv take us about 8 hrs to get there we go about 5-6 times per California season and no problem with the law  enforcement 

Headed out first week of APril for our last trip. We start in dumont for the Halloween fest and end in dumont April/May with glamis all in between. Awesome post. Looks like fun. 

What is the back story on the group ?  Do you have to have matching shorts and a vest to be a member ?   :classic_tongue:
Here's the short story:

Looooooooooong time ago at Supercross Finals in Las Vegas...we ended up on the track after the race, dressed somewhat decent...we just seemed to look like we belonged (in our state of mind that's what we tell ourselves) and then part of the group found their way into the press conference after the race. That was hysterical and I'll leave it at that.

After the press conference, we found a pile of these Media crew Vests and since we were being so helpful around there (pulling tuff block covers off the track, kept one of them :blink: )...we thought, these vests are cool and we put them on.

Sine now we look totally official, we actually ended up helping the KTM rig back out of it's spot...we meandered around a while and I guess we forgot we even had them on and the next morning...we still had them.

Since then, we wear them when we go on trips. Been since probably 2004-ish.

One Year we were riding our XR-50's out at Primm for a race out there, running the Vests....we were right by a part of the course, caution tape across...one guy yells at us that we CAN'T be there...another says...Hey, They're Media...let them in and lifted up the Caution tape.......and we rode ride in and got really close to the action! :bag:  Did we have cameras....Um, I had one of those Disposable types.

:lmao:

There's more, but....those that know...know! They are a topic of conversation wherever we go and usually have people laughing their butts off at the story's.

Truth is, we're a bunch of 50 yr old's that have a ton of fun and have been that way for a long time!

:dbart:

Plus when the wind kicks up, you go hide in the canyons. You don't spend a day sitting in the trailer watching movies.

:thumb:

Yeah, even with the dirt tires, I had no issues duning this thing.

Can't wait...I'm headed to the dealer to check progress on mine and Dave's.

I'm not holding my breath though.
dbarts getting a new ride? WTF, no thread post on it? congrats man

dbarts getting a new ride? WTF, no thread post on it? congrats man
The goal line keeps getting pushed back. Ordered (2) one for me and one for my buddy Dave, 2022 X3 X RS Turbo RR 2-seater in October for a Jan deliver...then Feb...then End of March.

As of yesterday, Dealer said Can Am has put a 6-8 week hold on shipping anything out...supposedly!

What I really think is going on is they gave me such a killer deal that they messed up (gave me price for 2021 which was $1000 lower than the 2022...then a few months later Can Am raised the price another $1000. Now I think they are giving me the run around hoping that I'll say eff it and go elsewhere!

:simrak:  

Last edited by a moderator:
The goal line keeps getting pushed back. Ordered (2) one for me and one for my buddy Dave, 2022 X3 X RS Turbo RR 2-seater in October for a Jan deliver...then Feb...then End of March.

As of yesterday, Dealer said Can Am has put a 6-8 week hold on shipping anything out...supposedly!

What I really think is going on is they gave me such a killer deal that they messed up (gave me price for 2021 which was $1000 lower than the 2022...then a few months later Can Am raised the price another $1000. Now I think they are giving me the run around hoping that I'll say eff it and go elsewhere!

:simrak:  
i heard they had tons of units, no ecm's or dashes for them.

i heard they had tons of units, no ecm's or dashes for them.
Yes, that is true...even if cars are getting delivered, they are missing parts.

Can Am decided it was going to make "Their" numbers look good by shipping out unfinished units...."Hey look at all the units being shipped, YAY US!"   :simrak:

However...the dealers are now having to store unfinished cars till the missing parts (all on Backorder) come in.

Meanwhile, customers like me are waiting patiently, or trying to...till our orders come in!

UGH!!!!!

Yes, that is true...even if cars are getting delivered, they are missing parts.

Can Am decided it was going to make "Their" numbers look good by shipping out unfinished units...."Hey look at all the units being shipped, YAY US!"   :simrak:

However...the dealers are now having to store unfinished cars till the missing parts (all on Backorder) come in.

Meanwhile, customers like me are waiting patiently, or trying to...till our orders come in!

UGH!!!!!
someone is using aftermarket dash and ecms' 

DUMONT is a blast, we go there 2-3 times a year and only get to Glamis once in a 5-8yr period...

I've never made it passed the mines on the speery wash trail, can't stand the SxS chop........... never made it to the china date farm or tecopa...... and i've been going there since 1996

we were just there for presidents day my buddie brought his off-road miata = FAIL

IMG_1877.JPG

Back