Train Horns

Big_Daddy_Jp

Reaction score
I’ve been thinking about getting a train horn for my truck. I was wondering if any of you guys have one, what brand, and what model? They seem to range quite a bit in price. Thanks

Hornblasters.com is where I got mine. Had one on the suburban when it was my tow vehicle and my current one on the dually I’ve had for over 10 years and it’s still going strong.

I have the horns facing down on a custom bracket we built and the tank on the other side .. both inside that large void in front of the tires in the wheel wells.

Get the most expensive one they have, you won’t regret it. Installed I’m sure it was over a grand.

Toggle switch on the dash so you can go regular horn or train.

You have to look at the cost in an amortization mind set. First blast costs you $1000, 2nd $500/blast…

I’ve blasted it so many times I’m like $.10/blast.

I always ‘arm’ it whenever I tow.

abc

PS. I have the conductor’s special nightmare edition.

D79E50E1-4562-4719-8D60-BCA103019859.png

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s a nice set up if you want to go the cheaper route. Sounds almost as good just is not as deep as the one I have. 

Mine has four horns and the biggest Hass to be almost a foot.

abc

PS. How do you like the RV toilet paper deal I posted up. Had chicks clog my system putting down tampons… ugh.

52862AC7-9734-41CA-8DB3-E68C8CA2C65C.jpeg

55FB0316-ABC1-4F3E-90C6-7348CA2FC287.jpeg

282AD54A-A846-46BF-82FA-A3971FEC11EB.jpeg

F94F6C72-43EF-4EA8-B140-CAFEB1D8C019.jpeg

CC4846A0-9AFF-4F4A-9BD0-BE837D5011D2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I second horn blasters, they rock! Make sure 1/2” line or won’t be very loud. 

I've had a baby train horn on my Dmax for 10 years. Plumbed it into my air bag system and on board compressor. Used a momentary toggle switch next to thebair bag controller.

A month ago a client asked me to install a Hornblasters kit on his old Dodge truck. He bought the spare tire delete kit Conductor Special with 4 horns and it was about $1600. Pretty nice kit, dual air tanks, compressor and all accessories mount to a bracket. That bracket has a spot for the spare tire carrier cable to hold it in place and you crank it in just like the spare. Kinda cool. It is obnoxiously loud.

My son has a Dmax and we upgraded his old onboard air system to a larger Viair compressor and 2.5 gal tank. He got a Hornblasters triple horn kit for $200 and we installed it a few weeks ago and I put a button on the dash just below the steering wheel. It is also obnoxiously loud. 

I just bought a new to me 2014 Dmax and I don't have on board air. I miss having a train horn.

Yes they make onboard air systems that can run off of your trucks serpentine belt.

it is a nice addition but I am usually towing my toy hauler that would have an air compressor inside so That isn’t something that necessarily need.

They are fun as Eff. Some idiot texting in a 1992 Honda Civic pulls in front of me at 30 miles an hour on the freeway I slam the brakes and simultaneously blast the horn at the same time.

Drain the tank.

abc

There are so many times I wish I ahd train horns!

Last one was me on the 57 northbound by san Dimas. I'm in the fast lane Some jack wad in the lane next to me about even with me just starts coming over...I'm like WTF and 

start honking my horn!

Nothing the DB is still coming over causing me into the Emergency lane...still blaring my horn I speed up ahaed then get in front with the BIGGEST WTF out the window and brake check the guy.

He never even slowed, wavered or even had a thought that he almost caused a total accident! :simrak:

A guy in a range rover in the #3 lane gets up next to me pointing back and shaking his head like WTF was that A-HOLE thinking/doing!

If I had been driving a beat up vehicle I would have just let him hit me..

I was so pissed.

We get onto the 210 west bound and I slow for him to get next to me (I know I shouldn't do that) BUT I gave this guy a peace of my mind anyways...He bolted across all lanes to the carpool lane.

Lady in the passenger seat wouldn't even look over!

:explode:

I've wanted train horns for years.  It might be time... :lol:

Yes they make onboard air systems that can run off of your trucks serpentine belt.

it is a nice addition but I am usually towing my toy hauler that would have an air compressor inside so That isn’t something that necessarily need.

They are fun as Eff. Some idiot texting in a 1992 Honda Civic pulls in front of me at 30 miles an hour on the freeway I slam the brakes and simultaneously blast the horn at the same time.

Drain the tank.

abc
If you never want to run out of air, I have what you need. Immediate and constant 150 CFM @ 100 PSI, Rotary screw compressor, mounted underhood, no tank, no waiting. Not only can this run your train horn, you can repair roads using two jack hammers running on one system. Fill your tires in .43 seconds each and annihilate the largest balloons. 

image.png

I have had the kleinn? set of 4 air horns, and the horn blasters super tug both for years. Went with dual co2 tanks In the toolbox, 200 psi regulator setting, using 5/8" push lock hoses and 4 separate  parker 5/8" electric selonoids. Buy the good stuff and no leaks or issues will happen, I leave mine on 24/7 and it's wired directly to the steering wheel horn button(no courtesy horn at all) that way it sounds with the alarm and gets people's attention. Love it to say the least. Re fill tanks about every 3-4 months and I use it daily.  Can't find any pics in my phone for tonight, but The horns are mounted to the front wall of my trucks  bed,  and then protected/ hidden by my giant toolbox. 

Back