Trailing arm mounts. Bushing and sleeve, or heim and misalignment?

r3meyer

Reaction score
Today is now the year 2021.  What is the ideal method for mounting trailing arms.  I have tabs with bushing and sleeves.  I wear them out in what seems to be record time.  is one method better then the other?  How are all the new cars designed?

There are a lot of factors I see the bushings with half inch bolts but on my new car I used it to 3/4 in cause I was wearing the 1/2 ones out. The Mis aliment could be great for tuning and playing with the toe in the rear of the car but once again size harries I saw a car with one inch ones this season and they were huge. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn’t the adjustment of the helm put the bushing in a bind. I have seen several set up this way but am I missing something?
there is enough slop in the bussing when used on one side to move the arm back and forth 6'',   in my Pre-runner with a weight of 4000lbs in 7 years i have never wore out a bushing set or a heim of the size listed above,  

on the funco's i replace the Uniballs all the time,  

you can use double bushings but i am anal about rear tow in, so it tracks well, 

Today is now the year 2021.  What is the ideal method for mounting trailing arms.  I have tabs with bushing and sleeves.  I wear them out in what seems to be record time.  is one method better then the other?  How are all the new cars designed?
Curious how fast are you going through them? My last 2 cars have bushings and they seem to last a long time.

I'm not sure how yours are, but mine are delrin, press fit, then ream the hole for the sleeve. 

Maybe the ones your getting are too loose from the start and get sand in em?

Just a thought. 

Back