Trailer inside toyhauler

confyushus

Reaction score
Anyone take a trailer with them in their toyhauler to tow their sxs to a riding area? I just moved and don't have a lot of room for multiple trailers and also want to go camp at places that are close to riding areas but not directly at them. Have looked at the "T" style trailers like the trailhead from AA trailers, but was wondering if any of you had tried anything or had other suggestions. I would prefer to not double tow if possible. This is a great group and I really value your opinions as cheesy as that sounds. Thanks guys!

A buddy of mine does this and has a rack for his side-by-side on the pick up truck!... 

CA4F730D-AA50-42C6-A4B8-57EFC2792BBA.png

A buddy of mine does this and has a rack for his side-by-side on the pick up truck!... 
I have said rack should anyone be interested in going that route. Started out hauling a four seat Wildcat, then a RZR XP900. It was a custom build by LA Steel that is the heaviest duty SXS rack you will find anywhere.

To answer the first question: it will fit 64 inches wide. Somebody take this thing off of my hands.

Sorry about the hijack. Just seems like the solution that the OP needs.

Don Parscale had exactly what you are looking for, even had it for sale for months......

Before the board went :explode: .

What kind of SxS do you have.  It might not be that bad to build a T-trailer that is able to be broken down and stored in the back of a pick-up bed or in a Toy Hauler. After all your not looking for a trailer that you can drive down the highway for 6 hours at speed. Your looking for +/-30 minutes to a trail head. 

I would consider a rack if I could still pull the 5er with it on, but was really wanting a small trailer that I could break down and put inside with the RZR to get to the trail, like an hour or so away max. I have an xp1k, but will hopefully be buying something different (faster) in the next year or two. The T trailer I found is like $1700 starting and that seemed high for some square tubing, but I don't have my fab tools where I am now, but then maybe I'm just a cheapass.

What kind of SxS do you have.  It might not be that bad to build a T-trailer that is able to be broken down and stored in the back of a pick-up bed or in a Toy Hauler. After all your not looking for a trailer that you can drive down the highway for 6 hours at speed. Your looking for +/-30 minutes to a trail head. 
I’ve never seen it, but a guy we met at the river last year, was telling me about this exact thing. He built a T trailer that came apart. He said it was square tubing. The main T section was welded together, a few feet each way.  Then the two “axles “ sleeved together to the T section and were then bolted together. The main rail that attached to the main T section was hinged like a break a way boat trailer tongue to fold in half.

One part I was not sure how he did was, he said all 4 wheels sat in cradles as the RZR had to much down travel and the wheels would not get high enough off the ground and drag. Sounds like he had some type of wheel cradles bolted to the main rail? 

Sounds like a PITA to assemble & dis-assemble. But he acted like it was no big deal.

That sounds like what I had in my mind, I was even thinking about cradles for the front wheels as it seemed "safer" than it just sitting on the frame. I'm going to keep researching and see what I can come up with. Maybe by the time I figure out how to make it myself I'll have my welder and stuff out here.

Back