Trade-in values/markets

wapawekka

Reaction score
Anybody do a recent trade in and got a decent value? After this last Idaho trip, the wife and I have decided it’s time for something new. I’d rather just trade in and put it towards a Super C or Momentum instead of selling outright. Our current motorhome has seen better days. What can I expect as a value?

2005 Monaco Knight 40 PDQ, Cummins ISC 330 w/ 99,000 miles, Allison 3000. Clear coat is coming off at the tops/rear. It’s spent it’s entire life outside in Idaho and California. Couches and chains show signs of wear. One slide topper is torn. Carpet is still pretty clean. Slide outs all work. 

Andrew

Dealers are low on inventory and offering pretty decent prices on used stuff. In this market though you would be crazy not to sell private party and capitalize on the Covid pricing. As a buyer/seller I'm in heaven right now.

Dealers are low on inventory and offering pretty decent prices on used stuff. In this market though you would be crazy not to sell private party and capitalize on the Covid pricing. As a buyer/seller I'm in heaven right now.
I hear ya but are people in the market for a beat up 16 year old coach that needs $5-6k in work? I see so many nice rigs for sale that I’d look at far before I’d look at mine. 

Andrew

I hear ya but are people in the market for a beat up 16 year old coach that needs $5-6k in work? I see so many nice rigs for sale that I’d look at far before I’d look at mine. 

Andrew
Yes, they are. It will sell quick. Bare minimum I'd put an ad up today and see how it goes. If it hasn't sold by the time you're ready to trade it in at least you tried.

You'd be surprised what folks are buying and selling right now...Do It.

200.gif

If you don't have the key's to the one you want tread carefully.  That is the only plus to the trade in. You drive up in one and leave in the one you want.  If you don't have the one you want in your sights you might just not find it as quickly as you want.

That being said if you put the $6K in repairs into yours you will get probably $10K out of the upgrades. So there is that if you feel you can get the coach you want easily 

The market is very strong right now, mine went in just a couple days, for the full price I was asking. NADA has a valuation tool you can try, they seem a little on the high side, but who knows. 

Yes, if you have your eyes set on one, buy it quick, they disappear rapidly from the sales lot. 

There is NO better time than now to get TOP dollar for your RV. Trade in or sell. Everything is priced waaaaay over what it should be. Just remember, you're paying for it most likely on what ever your buying. It's all relative. Only difference from to 2 years ago, you're paying more sales tax and registration. 

Back