Toy Hauler/Enclosed Trailer Fuel Station Tank Venting

PoppaWillie

Reaction score
Looking for some Old School knowledge here as I have searched on and off this board for guidance and not found it! 

This summer I had to replace the fuel tank for my Toy Hauler fuel station due to cracks in the tank.  Upon inspection I found the vent line capped from the trailer mfg so the tank has been expanding and contracting, causing the cracks.  There is no on-board generator so not able to connect the vent line to the generator system as per the tank mfg instructions.

What is the "accepted/preferred" method of venting the on-board fuel station fuel tank?

I'm not sure about the right way, but mine vent hose ties into the filler neck and the cap is vented.

My old weekend warrior had a vent off the top with a filter, it always smelled like fuel,    The New tank i put it my new toyhauler  came with a charcoal filter box i never smell anything,  if you can run a charcoal box i think you will be happier in the long run.  

might be able to get a fuel station canister at this link RV & Work Trailer Fuel Tanks & Systems - Standard Technologies

this is what i found from summit racing 

Standard Motor Products CP3106 Standard Motor Fuel Vapor Canisters | Summit Racing

89-6.jpg

My old weekend warrior had a vent off the top with a filter, it always smelled like fuel,    The New tank i put it my new toyhauler  came with a charcoal filter box i never smell anything,  if you can run a charcoal box i think you will be happier in the long run.  

might be able to get a fuel station canister at this link RV & Work Trailer Fuel Tanks & Systems - Standard Technologies

this is what i found from summit racing 

Standard Motor Products CP3106 Standard Motor Fuel Vapor Canisters | Summit Racing

View attachment 84560
I actually tried this, although a smaller unit and still smell the fumes.  Maybe I need a larger vapor canister. 

I am glad to see the support here!

Back