Title and VIN out of Texas

Snappy

Reaction score
What have you done with getting a title transfered out of Texas to Cali? 

Reason I ask is that when you get a Title from texas on a Off road car, there is a VIN on the title, but Texas does not attach a VIN plate to the car!!! Therfore, when you try to transfer title, a VIN Verifaction is required but there is not one on the car....

Im sure I am not the first one to deal with this.... anyone else have some insight?

What about going to a trophy shop and having a plate engraved with the vin and rivet it to the frame.

Tell CA dmv that what was on the car.

I know Sand Limo used to do it that way. I got a 2nd vin like that win tone of my cars, 1 was already on it. 

What about going to a trophy shop and having a plate engraved with the vin and rivet it to the frame.

Tell CA dmv that what was on the car.

I know Sand Limo used to do it that way. I got a 2nd vin like that win tone of my cars, 1 was already on it. 
I get what your saying. It will come down to that. It just amazes me how the system works sometimes

I get what your saying. It will come down to that. It just amazes me how the system works sometimes
I agree.

Bought a 1 year old Harley from a buddy in Texas. had 1059 miles on it. CA would NOT let me register it here.

Said it had to have 7500 miles on it or a 50 state tag. There is NO difference in a Harley sold here in CA than in any of the other 49 states. 

Options: 1- get to riding! :lol:   

Reason I ask is that when you get a Title from texas on a Off road car, there is a VIN on the title, but Texas does not attach a VIN plate to the car!!! Therfore, when you try to transfer title, a VIN Verifaction is required but there is not one on the car....

Im sure I am not the first one to deal with this.... anyone else have some insight?
You could also stamp the #'s on the frame somewhere. Though if its powder coated not sure that would work. 

the DD cars have a engraving shop do theres, then press it in a half round, and tig weld it on,  my DD car has 2 of those in stainless,  the new car, had one welded on 

and then i had one of the stick on one made like a new, car, 

quick google search and you will see many companies make them, pretty common 

It's a pretty simple process. CA DMV will start the registration process and then give you paperwork to make an appt with CHP. The CHP officer will assign it a Vin # and attach it to the car. Go back to DMV with the completed forms from CHP and finalize paperwork.  

Back