Tire Sealant Poll

Which tire sealant do you use for your sand tires?

• Total voters

Grease Monkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lots of different opinions and lots of happy users. Seems one brand doesn't fit for everyone.  Curious what the numbers will be here and may help gauge what everyone is happy with or what might show to be the best!

Lets Poll :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people just know what works, Alumaseal & Antifreeze, for the win!

Starch in mine.  seems to do the trick for me. 

20 in each paddle, 12 in each front = 64 Oz bottle.

e35c38ad-b7c0-4d79-a117-995467c84065_1.6fef0db8cbea1021e319e84716bbb9d8.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have enough HP to make my tires leak = lucky SOB :lol:

But friends have done the alumaseal and coolant, makes a mess if tires are stored in yore trailer and have seen some pitting in the wheel.  Not to mention what a mess it makes if you have a blow out.

They have all switched to the stay-flo and seems to have worked better.

Alumaseal/Antifreeze has worked great for me for years. 8oz antifreeze to 1 bottle alumaseal. Alumaseal is getting hard to find. The right stuff.

Alumina seal and antifreeze leaks everywhere,  don't like the mess it makes when storing tire for the off season. Staflow works good on small leaks. Berryman's works the best. Especially on sidewalls punctures. That's my experience with tire sealants.

Staflo,  

Cleans up easy on the inside, does not leave crap all over the outside,  and seals up, tires will not leak 

Tire sealant all over the floor, sealant making a mess, sealant leaking out... what am I missing here? If the sealant is coming out of the tire the tire is not sealed. Seems simple. Get. New. Tires. I understand if it's going to save a dune trip but not for a long term fix. I put new paddles on my car after having OMF add inner stiffener rings and new powder coat. One paddle was losing air. Put 2 quarts of Berrymans in it and it's been fine ever since. No tire sealant leaking onto the floor. So it's sealed. Whatever your preference for sealant- if its leaking out it's not working.

Tire sealant all over the floor, sealant making a mess, sealant leaking out... what am I missing here? If the sealant is coming out of the tire the tire is not sealed. Seems simple. Get. New. Tires. I understand if it's going to save a dune trip but not for a long term fix. I put new paddles on my car after having OMF add inner stiffener rings and new powder coat. One paddle was losing air. Put 2 quarts of Berrymans in it and it's been fine ever since. No tire sealant leaking onto the floor. So it's sealed. Whatever your preference for sealant- if its leaking out it's not working.
Weird, Same paddles over the last 5 years, original owner put Berrymans in the tire, kept leaking, we are talking a little bit (2-3 ounces) over the summer.  I took apart because I thought the same thing.  Cleaned up everything, remounted added Stayflo..................still holding air 3 years later with zero leakage..............same tire and rim.  That was some messy stuff to clean up as well.

I have used all of the top 3. 
Berrymans, Alumiseal, and Staflo.  They all work!!

The last couple of seasons I switched to Staflo, since it works and is cheap, I’ll stick with it. 

I have used all of the top 3. 
Berrymans, Alumiseal, and Staflo.  They all work!!

The last couple of seasons I switched to Staflo, since it works and is cheap, I’ll stick with it. 
FACT 

Reactions: FOG
I set my air pressure at the beginning of each trip and check it each morning after and add if I am low.  How much would you have to drop in a day before you would even think about using anything? 

What do you think an acceptable amount of daily loss is  ?  I get it if you fill the tire and you can hear it hissing you gots problems but if on a 3 day trip you drop 1-1.5lb and maybe 5-6 in between trips would that be acceptable to you or are you a if it drops 1/2 lb in a month I am adding something OCD type? 

I tried nearly everything in my tires over the years.  I hated a gallon of antifreeze swishing around - and thinking of the weight and unbalance issues, the same with radiator stop leak, and Starch seems to work well and it dries up almost completely, but you have to keep adding every season or 2x a season if you run hard. Its annoying 

A couple years ago I bought BLOCK CHECK  since it cannot hurt aluminum (google it if you don't know what it is - I know GMonkey does...) and filled my tire that was leaking really bad and put 25Lbs in it, came back after a day with the UV light and glasses  and saw some amazing stuff,  the tire was leaking from the rim in a bunch of spots in the back and through the sidewall in two areas, so I disassembled the tire ad rim cleaned it out and used  truckers "bead sealer" on rim and on the bed lock and filled the tire and let it sit a week  - it hardly went down 2lbs or so.. so I figured the sidewall leaks were minimal. I took the car out for hard 3 day and came back and within 2 days tire was way down 

I repeated the Block check and saw same rim leaks, so I concluded the flex of everything even on a good seal will always make the rim leak... So I am back to sealant  - But I am using Berrymans  and I only have to use a fraction of what I used before.... so far so good.

I set my air pressure at the beginning of each trip and check it each morning after and add if I am low.  How much would you have to drop in a day before you would even think about using anything? 

What do you think an acceptable amount of daily loss is  ?  I get it if you fill the tire and you can hear it hissing you gots problems but if on a 3 day trip you drop 1-1.5lb and maybe 5-6 in between trips would that be acceptable to you or are you a if it drops 1/2 lb in a month I am adding something OCD type? 
During a trip very little for me is lost in Air, it is between trips when it is parked in my trailer or garage is when it leaks.

While we are on this topic, What do you all recommend the beadlocks be torqued to?

Back