The Curse of Oak Island.

Grease Monkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last few years have been a build up of the brothers finding the treasure. I'm finding myself at a breaking point and getting over the whole series. Seems they are at the finish line with every episode teasing the grand finale.  

I've put the last 6+ seasons into this show. Who else has been watching and where ya at with it?

I'm not a sports guy. Discovery and the History channel are my goto with some fishing and horse power shows to mix it up.  

Used to watch pretty regularly. Wife hates the show! She said it’s the same thing. They dug a hole, find a piece of wood or a rock and get excited, then nothing. So I would record and watch when I had nothing else to do. Now the recorder is stacked and I watch one show every few weeks at most. 

Last few years have been a build up of the brothers finding the treasure. I'm finding myself at a breaking point and getting over the whole series. Seems they are at the finish line with every episode teasing the grand finale.  

I've put the last 6+ seasons into this show. Who else has been watching and where ya at with it?

I'm not a sports guy. Discovery and the History channel are my goto with some fishing and horse power shows to mix it up.  
Im with you. as I have it on the tv right now. 

Same…..years into the show and with all the glory holes….nothing. Once the elderly man passed (forgot his name) I lost interest and they still haven’t uncovered much for all the work up. 

Same…..years into the show and with all the glory holes….nothing. Once the elderly man passed (forgot his name) I lost interest and they still haven’t uncovered much for all the work up. 
Yet one more has to die before the treasure can be found............

I quit after the first season. Too much teasing going on. I go back recently and they seemed to have opened up a massive hole! What are they waiting for lol

Last edited by a moderator:
With all the current technology if they can’t find something buried in the 1800’s. There’s probably nothing really there. Yes lots of little evidence leads you to think something has to be there as they have legit questions as to how these things they are finding are 200 ft underground. Or buried roads & boat ramps. But if there really was this vault or buried chest, they should have found it by now.. 

The show has spiked my interest in the history of the Knight's templar and the Free Mason's. 

Interesting to see the spin offs for these groups. Similarly to the Vikings series and all the spinoff shows.

Vikings sure started great then just faded away.

With all the current technology if they can’t find something buried in the 1800’s. There’s probably nothing really there. Yes lots of little evidence leads you to think something has to be there as they have legit questions as to how these things they are finding are 200 ft underground. Or buried roads & boat ramps. But if there really was this vault or buried chest, they should have found it by now.. 
Shows been blaming the government on permits and restrictions. Even had their "governor" on an episode eluding to some easement or help on these dig restrictions. No mention since. 

Gave it up about 2 years ago. All reality shows these days are not reality. Scripted is the word I would use 

The show has spiked my interest in the history of the Knight's templar and the Free Mason's. 

Interesting to see the spin offs for these groups. Similarly to the Vikings series and all the spinoff shows.

Vikings sure started great then just faded away.
The “Last Kingdom” is not bad though. It’s loosely based on the times of Alfred the Great. Mid 800’s in England. Before it was England 

It's all BS like the rest of the reality shows, it's all about making you come back next week for more. There is a lot of stupid chit on TV these days, 300 channels and nothing to watch. 

I used to watch religiously, haven't turned it on in almost 2 years now because there hasn't been anything new or remotely exciting. Just more dig here and excavate there...  

You could start a new drinking game using the show. Every time the narrator says “could it be” you have to drink. Everyone would be smashed in the first half of an episode. Then there’s the entertainment value of swapping the L with a V in the brothers’ last name and giggling like children. 

Last edited by a moderator:
MDE Gary Drayton drives me crazy.

Matty drives me crazy.

The gaslighting drives me crazy. For example, repeating over and over and over about the huge amounts of gold and silver found when they tested the water in the one hole when it was trace amounts.

Reddit already has a drinking game for it on Tuesday nights - it's the only thing that keeps me sane while the BF has it on

I watch very little TV, anymore.  I have been following this pretty much right along, but they have definitely milked it out for way too long.  At least Dave Blankenship was good for a laugh when they had to bleep out 2/3 of what he said LOL.

Never heard of it. Sounds similar to a finding bigfoot show. Most probably watch to poke fun and laugh. 

For those who like Sci and Disc Ch check out Lex Fridman on YouTube. 

This episode is amazing. The "chemputer" is real and working. 

At least the narrator has been ditched in the latest series but the constant flashbacks (cue dramatic music) is doing my head in. Probably half of each show is actually new content. 

Back