TH 100w Solar Panel Question

JBL

Reaction score
Hardly inside the TH when camping cause we are riding and hanging out 90% of the day.  So I purchased Renovo 100W Panel and same brand controller along with a 900w converter.  I only need it to keep 2 deep cell 12v charged and on occasion turn on TV or Laptop or cell phone charging station on  if it gets windy or hot to be out.  I figure I can add another panel if needed, but question is what do I program the controller to for maintaining the batts?  Google says between 13.0 and 13.8 on float charging.  But wont that slowly cook the batteries as I thought the batts ideal voltage is 12.8.   I keep the TH at storage in Brawley during season so nice to know my batts will be full when I get there.  TIA

The correct answer is to look at the batteries and write down what brand and model of batteries you have. Then go to the mfr website and look up the absorption V and float V for your batteries. Those are the voltages you should put into your charger. Every brand is slightly different, so the optimal voltage is whatever they specify. 

FYI 2 12v Deep Cycle Intersates from Costco

Back