Teslaris

So you get 1 short dune ride, then spend a day on the genny charging it up?  I would think someone would need a huge gen set and several batteries for this to make a trip of it.

Not realistic for long dunes runs but I still thought the build was cool. 

The tech is here. It won’t be long before the battery/charging situation is good enough to make it work for the masses. 

Maybe Musk will put a bunch of fast chargers or whatever they call them in the dunes.  Short of that, I don't see the masses, or even a good percentage of them doing electric duning.  Love the torque "curve" electric provides though.

How do electric powered rigs fair up with water crossings. Any e-jeep owners 

I feel the lack of noise a EV would produce going through the dunes could be a little dangerous, I don't think we realize how much we might use hearing to realize there are other duners near by.

How do electric powered rigs fair up with water crossings. Any e-jeep owners 
There is a company that rebuilds Teslas and when they see a car after it's been flooded, they measure the waterline. If it's above a certain level, they know that water has entered the system and they won't try to revive it. They might use it for parts for collision repair, but the most expensive parts are too expensive to replace or try to repair. I imagine an off road vehicle would be designed to be water resistant, but that doesn't mean it can maintain that water resistant integrity after getting driven hard off road.  

Maybe Musk will put a bunch of fast chargers or whatever they call them in the dunes.  Short of that, I don't see the masses, or even a good percentage of them doing electric duning.  Love the torque "curve" electric provides though.
  I saw pictures of electric outlets on Gecko.  LOL!!!!

Is this the same guy that has the Tesla powered sand car/truck that ran the drags?

Cool Tech, it will be forced on CA OHV at some point...you watch  :sad: just like leaf blowers, gennys, etc.

Cool Tech, it will be forced on CA OHV at some point...you watch  :sad: just like leaf blowers, gennys, etc.
I wouldn't be shocked if that moron in Sacramento has it sitting on his desk to sign right now.... 

I feel the lack of noise a EV would produce going through the dunes could be a little dangerous, I don't think we realize how much we might use hearing to realize there are other duners near by.
I can only hear my buddies loud ass car over my loud ass car.  Other groups, not a chance.

Back