Teryx or Pioneer

Stinky

Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting a SXS for awhile.  It is taking me a while to scrape together the cash.  I am lookiing at '05-'10 RZRs and Honda Pioneers and the Kawa Teryx.

I still have my doubts on a CVT torque converter....which is why I favor the Pioneer.  I am looking in the 500-800cc range ($5-$8K).

Suspension and drivetrain-wise....how good are the Pioneers and Teryxs?  I am mostly looking at a trail or mountain beast.  But, it would be taken to the dunes, once a year, or so.

i had an 2008 tyrex i bought from a GD member. he had everything possible done to this machine. 800cc something (dont remember the exact number) big bore kit, long travel. very long list of upgrades. i got it as a stepping stone, something to get me out in glamis while i was saving more money for the turbo rzr. it was a good machine. but if you go tyrex get at least a 2009 when they switched to EFI, i had so many issues with the carbs. had to have them rebuilt twice and also had to replace the diaphragms in the carbs in between the rebuilds.  i only had the car about 2 seasons. other thing i did not like about the tyrex was how hard it was to work on. you had to take out the seats remove a bunch of stuff just to get to anything. lucky i never blew a belt on it because changing that thing looked like a pain in the butt. it did decent in glamis but lacked power for the sand, even with all the work it could not even come anywhere close to the turbo rzr. i got a little lucky when i sold it as it was when toys were selling at a higher price and sold it a couple years later for the same price i bought it for. 

I've been thinking about getting a SXS for awhile.  It is taking me a while to scrape together the cash.  I am lookiing at '05-'10 RZRs and Honda Pioneers and the Kawa Teryx.

I still have my doubts on a CVT torque converter....which is why I favor the Pioneer.  I am looking in the 500-800cc range ($5-$8K).

Suspension and drivetrain-wise....how good are the Pioneers and Teryxs?  I am mostly looking at a trail or mountain beast.  But, it would be taken to the dunes, once a year, or so.
Try @RIDERED as he knows a lot about the Pioneer. 

If your looking at spending $8k or less, find a fully built LT Rhino 700 w/Fuel Injection aka 2008 or newer.

There are some super clean deals out there with Rhinos that have all the goodies on them, LT Arms, Shocks, etc.

Same with KAW Teryx, as long as its an FI Fuel Injected model...they are out there.

Either machine will be a dirt trail and mountain beast. Honda Pioneer is great, but too utilitarian for trails IMHO

A nice T4

https://offerup.com/item/detail/10bba733-05ae-3b42-bcba-3aafc71f8d7d?q=kawasaki+teryx

Back