Suspension tuning advice thread via video?

maddward

Reaction score
 I wouldn't want to take away from anybody that charges $ to meet out in G or anywhere else to dial in suspension but I was wondering if people with experience here wouldn't mind offering valving/spring rate suggestions based solely off a video? The poster would need to know their current setup though for the thread to be effective. Just a thought.....

I can start if anybody would like to help out?

A-arm front suspension I just added w/2.0x10" coil-over (200/250lb) and 2 tube bypass limit strapped at 18" of travel. Rear is the typical 3x3 with 2.5 coil over (300/350lb) and 2.5 4 tube bypass(over kill I know). This was my first time out with all new valving and bypasses almost fully open. All fox shocks by the way. I'm no expert by any means but I did rebuild all my shocks and know what valving is in them. I was going roughly 45-50 mph in the video. Any help and comments are greatly appreciated. And @Stugots your old J30 is still ripping!

Yes! Those that know, please help out! Would love to see where this thread goes. 

Sub'd! 

I'll throw something to start. Seems like front spring rate is too low and rebound is too slow. 

For that speed I would want the back end set up with more droop. Seems like it moves pretty well but between the front end not moving enough and the high ride height you are bucking a bit 

Thanks @Goatpoker I have the front coils at .500" of preload to get it at the ride height I wanted (60% up, and 40% down travel from ride height). That video is with all front and rear bypass tubes almost fully open too. I need to go back out and take videos of the same section with the bypasses at different settings. 

Back