Super ATV trailing arms for Can Am X3

Sand Shark

Reaction score
I have been using my stock trailing arms on my new ride and had run some Super Atv trailing arms on my old X3 and ran them for a short period on my new ride.  Last season in Glamis my Super ATV trailing arms developed a crack in the area where the hub mounts.  I told Super ATV about the crack and they sent me out a new set of trailing arms.  Just never got around to putting them on. 

A few month ago Super ATV asked me if I wanted to test out their newly designed trailing arms for the 72" wide Can Am X3.  As I had a trip to Baja planned I figured there would be no better place to test the new design for them.  The diverse terrain of Baja gives you rocky roads, whoops, sand, silt, high speed rally roads, and just about everything you can imagine. A good chunk of the route we took on my recent Baja trip was following the race course used the week before for the Baja 400 and sections are used for the Baja 500 and Baja 1000. As the race was the week before there were sections that had massive whoops, rocks, and were beat up. Perfect for testing the new trailing arms. We covered just over 330 miles.

When I opened the box to check out the new trailing arms and what design changes they made it was immediately obvious. The added gussets in all the important places and also added a welded on metal bracket that connects the bottom and top hub section, which would of likely prevented my original ones from developing the crack.  To me all the areas of concern had been addressed with the new design. The arms are beefy and looked very nice.

The arms come with sway bar links as Super ATV has a pocket in the trailing arm where the swaybar link mounts versus the tabs used on the stock trailing arms. There is also a pocket where the shock mounts. The shock is still in the same location as the stock trailing arm, but because these trailing arms are a high clearance they designed it with the pocket to maintain stock geometry.

I was very impressed with how well these arms held up over the 330 plus miles. No dings, cracks, or anything showing any damage or fatigue. I think they got it right with this new design.  Next up is local desert rides and the dunes.

These are an excellent option for someone that wants a quality trailing arm that won't break the bank.

atv7.jpg

atv8.jpg

atv9.jpg

atv.jpg

atv2.jpg

atv3.jpg

atv4.jpg

atv5.jpg

atv6.jpg

Are they just a heavier duty version of the factory trailing arm or do they give you more travel or ground clearance as well?

Are they just a heavier duty version of the factory trailing arm or do they give you more travel or ground clearance as well?
They give you more ground clearance over the stock trailing arms and they are a lot more stout.  They weigh a little more over the stock trailing arms. 

IIs that a double Sheer mount?????    Nice Arms.... I rolled my 900...had superatv front arms..they were the only thing that didn't bend.........

IIs that a double Sheer mount?????    Nice Arms.... I rolled my 900...had superatv front arms..they were the only thing that didn't bend.........
LOL!   Double sheer for the win.   Superatv makes some nice stuff.  My friends run their a-arms on their XP100 and XP900.  Also have a friend that runs the boxed a-arms on his Can Am. 

I have been using my stock trailing arms on my new ride and had run some Super Atv trailing arms on my old X3 and ran them for a short period on my new ride.  Last season in Glamis my Super ATV trailing arms developed a crack in the area where the hub mounts.  I told Super ATV about the crack and they sent me out a new set of trailing arms.  Just never got around to putting them on. 

Go back to the first post and read it again. 
I asked WHY.

I don't see why he replaced his stock arms. Do you?

Why did you replace the stock arms?
Super ATV sent me a set of their new trailing arms to test out.  I had a crack develop on their old style trailing arms, which I discussed in my first post.   They have a new design which addressed the weaknesses of the prior design.  I was going to Baja and it is perfect for testing the new design. 

Because I am sure you will ask - I originally ended up with the Super ATV arms because on my old X3 the stock trailing arms developed cracks in them after 7500 or so miles.   I took the Super ATV arms off my original X3 and put them on my new X3 because I had them and figured I could sell the stock new trailing arms, which I did.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Super ATV sent me a set of their new trailing arms to test out.  I had a crack develop on their old style trailing arms, which I discussed in my first post.   They have a new design which addressed the weaknesses of the prior design.  I was going to Baja and it is perfect for testing the new design. 

Because I am sure you will ask - I originally ended up with the Super ATV arms because on my old X3 the stock trailing arms developed cracks in them after 7500 or so miles.  
That's what I was asking about. Thanks!

Pretty sure I did a thread when I put the Super ATV trailing arms on my old X3. 
That’s weak sauce bro! Every half decent manufacture knows you build things to have a weak spot. The trailing arm shouldn’t be the weak spot it should have been the trailing arm mounting tabs. Freaking Newbies….

Put another 370 miles on the trailing arms this past week in Glamis.  I think I now have just around 800 or so miles on the Super ATV trailing arms and they are holding up.  No signs of any issues.

Wish my front swaybar held up as well as my Super ATV trailing arms.   Finally snapped the front swaybar after 2600 miles.

Back