Subway Tuna Sammich!

Five.five-six

Reaction score
I was thinking of giving some love to subway and getting a tuna sammich today ….. but then the news story goes on to say not only is there no tuna DNA found in the subway tuna, but they’re not even sure what it is but probably not even fish…. And I’m OK with that but then they say it’s “mixture of various concoctions”  made to look like tuna….but no fish in any of the concoctions.    

I’m used to whitefish died to be imitation crab and I’m fine with that but these concoctions, what’s in them? Is there Andy of Jared’s super secret boy sauce?    If subway was public, I’d be selling short today and I don’t play options.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/food/2021/01/27/subway-tuna-lawsuit/

YIKES ! 

I would never eat tuna salad that I did not make myself.  Better put on a diaper if you are gonna try it there. Subway is the most tasteless crappy low quality food on earth I can't imagine trying to eat that sloppy fish mush or whatever it is. I remember the Jim Gaffigan bit on Subway where mentions needing a straw for the Tuna 🤮

Eating a tuna sandwich from Subway is like eating truck stop sushi...

Nope!

Wow!!  That's some scary stuff.....not even a percentage of what it is supposed to be!!  Crazy....

YIKES ! 

I would never eat tuna salad that I did not make myself.  Better put on a diaper if you are gonna try it there. Subway is the most tasteless crappy low quality food on earth I can't imagine trying to eat that sloppy fish mush or whatever it is. I remember the Jim Gaffigan bit on Subway where mentions needing a straw for the Tuna 🤮
Had to look that up….. it’s a new kind of funny now LOL

I'll admit to having a Subway tuna sandwich before but never again after reading that. 

Jersey Mike's or Togo's is soooooooo much better. 

Why would you even think it would be a good idea? 

If your the type who eats Subway Tuna fish I bet your the type that eats catch of the day at the all you can eat sea food buffet at the strip club. Gets the Prime Rib at Hooters or the sizzler and thinks the Mexican food at the sushi bar sounds delicious 

I don't eat Seafood. But I've had a tuna sammich at Subway...go figure :robbie:

https://www.cfsanappsexternal.fda.gov/scripts/fdcc/?set=SeafoodList&sort=ID_SciName&order=ASC&startrow=1&type=basic&search=tuna

@Offroad Ryan eats Fish-sticks!

200.gif

It has always been my impression that Subway tuna fish sandwich is 93.5% mayonnaise.

Jersey Mikes FTW.  good food & they pump money back into the neighborhood.

We had a worker for a time that came from subway. Most disgusting human being i’ve ever had to be around. I can’t eat subway ever again

"Alleged" by Dhanowa and Amin.  Go back to your bastion of gastronomy.

Great sandwich with jalapeños.

#24 is a good one....  I still have Togo's around work and home.

Just checked and there's one just north of LAX, which is close to my office.  Think I'll put it put it into the lunch rotation next week.  Only problem is there is an IN and OUT  on the way.

On topic:  Subway sucks and can only be used as a last resort.  peas . . .

If they will not release what they found to actually be in the tuna sammaches, chances are that it is more about the lawsuit and money to get, rather than any true damage done by food. 

I like the tuna sandwich from subway. I have had tuna a lot of different ways, from a lot of different sources, and tuna salad for sandwiches is about the best use of tuna. In my opinion.

I know, it is cool to brag up Jersey Mike's, but their sammaches do not do it for me. If I want an over priced sandwich, I will pick Jimmy John's Hunter sandwich, and add some horseradish. 

Ralphs makes a good sandwich, too. 

There is a little mom and pop sandwich shop real close to my office. They have great subs, but they put celery in the tuna fish. completely ruins it for me. There is another shop close by "Shorty's" and they don't add the celery so I will go there for the Acapulco Tuna fish /w/ avocado and jalapeno's from time to time.....

Looks like I might be going there today because it is sounding pretty dam good right now.   

Back