Subaru timing belt

Okie

Reaction score
I am putting my early 2000's (2003-2005?) Subaru sohc n/a 2.5 engine back together. The new timing belt I bought is a Gates T304. The belt I am replacing is a Gates T307. (I built the engine wit the T307) They both have 223 teeth and are the same width. Both seem to have the same shape profile. The search I have done show that they both work. Does anyone know if there is a difference?

" if your car takes a Gates 307 timing belt..then you can not upgrade to the older style tensioner without also getting the matching TB ( has a different length requirement and tooth design) plus all toothed pulleys or wheels would also have to exchanged to fit the different belt"

No, I did not see that one. Although, it confuses me more, because I don't really know what motor this is. Supposedly a JDM something, but not sure. I will go back and try to cross reference what kit I bought last time. I was only changing the belt this time, because I had a fire near the belt, and wanted to replace it. Both belts fit all pulleys. 223 "teeth". Both Cam pulleys are metal. Thanks for the info. 

Look at Rockauto....pull up the part, and click on the icon in the part.  It shows the cross-reference of cars that it can be used on.

Back