SU Sand Cars New Building and Dyno

Pennywise

Reaction score
Just thought I would share some exciting news, SU Sand Cars has moved into a new building:

15121 Sierra Bonita Lane

Chino, Ca 91710

Ed number is the same 909-230-9797

They are in 8000SF now and share part of the building with Nick @ Hustler Race Engines. They just installed a new Hub dyno and have Ismael (who was at Westech) there tuning. They are offering pre-season service, per-purchase car inspection, dyno tuning and dyno wellness check (no tuning) as well as all the usual stuff.

They are launching a new Sand Pro 3, they have the 1st one at the shop now. It has the same basic geometry as the Sand Pro 2 but has 2" higher mid-rail, 2.5 front bypass shocks, 3.0 rear by-pass shocks, radius roof, bulkhead with Fortin steering rack and a few added tubes. The car comes as 2 or 4 seat rear engine and they are working on a 2-seat mid engine version.  

They are going to have an open house over the Sand Show weekend so people can come check out the new car and facility. It's a great one stop shop for us all. 

My car is there now, getting a Hood & Dash fabricated, Seats re-done, CV service along with some other maintenance items and upgrades. They threw my car on the dyno for some internal testing after setting up the new Dyno and that little LS1 put down around 400 Hp / 400 Tq.....not bad for a 2006!!

Great to see SU growing and doing well. 

Cant wait to see a Mid engine Sand Pro 3.  Might get me back in the sand car game.

Reactions: FOG
That is great - Happy for them and good for the sport  Their cars are very nice and the work is very good - Sand Pro is a proven platform, glad they worked off of that. 

Also good to hear another Hub Dyno in the area - I hope its a Mainline so it can handle the TQ  - all the others cannot handle TQ of a big LS with the gear ratios sand cars have ...

I want to check the new shop out during the SSSS myself.

Ed is a good guy. I used to race with him.  Glad to see him and the sport growing.  

That is great - Happy for them and good for the sport  Their cars are very nice and the work is very good - Sand Pro is a proven platform, glad they worked off of that. 

Also good to hear another Hub Dyno in the area - I hope its a Mainline so it can handle the TQ  - all the others cannot handle TQ of a big LS with the gear ratios sand cars have ...

I want to check the new shop out during the SSSS myself.

image000000.jpeg

Pains me to see them building new cars with old school suspension geometry and open tube endings.  :crying:

Back