SU Mid Engine LS3 Single Turbo

Laserguy

Reaction score
A little bummed we lost all the old content and my build thread, but Crap happens. Anyways John at Outfront let me borrow his scales. Thought it would be fun to guess the weight. 

Specs:

SU Mid Engine Frame

LS3 Single turbo with air to air intercooler 

Weddle S5D

10 gallons of gas

5958DCD3-CFBC-46B6-859F-AA970539362E.jpeg

A2B71492-EA34-45FC-8F77-4D7D2AF3A10D.jpeg

Hood and side panels off. Dyno tires on it are 35” Mickey Thompson Muds with heavy dirt wheels…

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprised your car weighs that much. I have never had my 2007 SU Sand Pro 2 mid engine weighed, but the SU catalogue I have says 1995 lbs.

That’s probably with a 2d and 930 CVs, etc. Add a couple hundred pounds for a sequential and 934 CVs etc. Still a big difference. 

Surprised your car weighs that much. I have never had my 2007 SU Sand Pro 2 mid engine weighed, but the SU catalogue I have says 1995 lbs.

That’s probably with a 2d and 930 CVs, etc. Add a couple hundred pounds for a sequential and 934 CVs etc. Still a big difference. 
They always weigh more than people think they do.  Hell, my 2 seat beam car with spindle mounts and a turbo 4-banger is 1400lb in dune trim (spares/tools, fuel, etc).

Also, he's got 200lbs in rollers on it.  35" MTs are heavy.

They always weigh more than people think they do.  Hell, my 2 seat beam car with spindle mounts and a turbo 4-banger is 1400lb in dune trim (spares/tools, fuel, etc).

Also, he's got 200lbs in rollers on it.  35" MTs are heavy.
Yeah most the time those weights are dry. This was wet with 10 gallons of gas, tool bag, fire extinguisher, ext.. ready to run. Also my drivetrain is probably 250lbs more. S5D is like 220lb and the turbo alone is 50lb. It has more beef in the suspension and frame to handle the power and 36” tall tires.

I was thinking it would be 2600lbs, so I was happy. It would be interesting to see more cars with similar components total weights. The ones with 934s, 2” hollows, 3” bypasses, sand master 36” tires, turbo’d ls, S5Ds or Albins, ext…

Yeah most the time those weights are dry. This was wet with 10 gallons of gas, tool bag, fire extinguisher, ext.. ready to run. Also my drivetrain is probably 250lbs more. S5D is like 220lb and the turbo alone is 50lb. It has more beef in the suspension and frame to handle the power and 36” tall tires.

I was thinking it would be 2600lbs, so I was happy. It would be interesting to see more cars with similar components total weights. The ones with 934s, 2” hollows, 3” bypasses, sand master 36” tires, turbo’d ls, S5Ds or Albins, ext…
I understand that everything adds up. 

Back