SS 360 HP tires

Azdunerat

Reaction score
Curious if anyone is running the SS 360 HP tires on their X3 or RZR’s. Looking to add a set of dedicated sand tires vs my knobbies I have run. 

from what I have read the new HP does a great job as an all around sand tire. I don’t race and don’t really give a damn about the hole shot. Having durability and control in the transitions is more important to me. 

I have friends that love those. And then I have friends that hate them. 

My friend runs the SS360s on his Can Am.  They are not the high hp ones.  He loves them and has close to 3000 miles on his original belt.  

I’ve looked at the blackbird/tribute combo as well as the scats and neither looked like a good fit. A lot of people love the Scats but they don’t seem to hold up all that well. 

I have run several tires on my turbo Rzr 360 by far the best in my opinion

Curious if anyone is running the SS 360 HP tires on their X3 or RZR’s. Looking to add a set of dedicated sand tires vs my knobbies I have run. 

from what I have read the new HP does a great job as an all around sand tire. I don’t race and don’t really give a damn about the hole shot. Having durability and control in the transitions is more important to me. 

I’ve looked at the blackbird/tribute combo as well as the scats and neither looked like a good fit. A lot of people love the Scats but they don’t seem to hold up all that well. 
For the price the SS360 is a great set up.  

I ordered the normal SS360 for the fronts and the HP SS360 for the rears - I get everything this week (the SS360 HP were backordered) - I'll get to see how they work over new years.  X3 Maverick 192 HP.  New wheels too...I went with 8 inch wide front wheels vs 7 inch (10 inch for the back)...figured they'd float better being a wider wheel up front.  I couldn't find much info on using an 8 vs a 7 inch wide front wheel. 

I ordered the normal SS360 for the fronts and the HP SS360 for the rears - I get everything this week (the SS360 HP were backordered) - I'll get to see how they work over new years.  X3 Maverick 192 HP.  New wheels too...I went with 8 inch wide front wheels vs 7 inch (10 inch for the back)...figured they'd float better being a wider wheel up front.  I couldn't find much info on using an 8 vs a 7 inch wide front wheel. 
On the front it does not matter whether you go with a 7" or 8" wide wheel.  For the front SS360s if you run backwards it takes some of the bite out of the tire and allows you to slide the ass end around easier.   

On the front it does not matter whether you go with a 7" or 8" wide wheel.  For the front SS360s if you run backwards it takes some of the bite out of the tire and allows you to slide the ass end around easier.   
It has to matter somewhat - wider tires with an 8 inch wheel after all - i usually drive in 4WD all the time. - and yes, I've seen those posts about switching the fronts around, we will see...that all started when Chaparral Motorsports tested the tires and the driver mentioned it made a difference.

I run them on a 21 Turbo S and I like them. Very predictable in 4 wheel and you will slide more in 2 wheel.

Back