Sportsman's SandLimo

NOAZ longshot

Reaction score
I have this SandLimo, but I don't know much about it.

It's registered as a 2009, powered by a 2.2 ecotec with 091 trans.  It runs great and definitely hauls the gear.  I have heard Joe Fab made about 2 dozen of them but that is just a rumor at this point.

If anyone has some more information on this, I would appreciate it.

264429185_5264810546866486_3785744310701558943_n.jpg

264614687_5264813503532857_8225271158562348919_n.jpg

265168872_5264811806866360_5893792495971642562_n.jpg

264300635_5264815170199357_8582884531543634000_n.jpg

I think this may have been his answer to the SxS thing. I like it.

I remember @matt86m talking about the Texas Crew had sand limos set up for hunting on their property in Texas.

Sounds right about the seats up top / you can see the stairs going up top!

Matt !!!! we neeeed you !!!!!  Chime in!

:poule:

What you have is one of Joe's Hunting Buggy's! Not sure how many he made but your probably close.

Not his answer to a SxS.

He had some customers from Texas that had his sandcars, he went to visit them to hunt and saw the hunting buggy's they had and they came up with what you have.

The roof line was specific for a shooting platform. They were able to mount seats up high where you have the rear rack. There were some other options and were built specific to each order. 

We had one at Glamis Fab for a couple seasons. Not a great duner, they weren't meant to be. They were built to mow over Mesquite trees, bushes, cactus and what ever was in the way - reason for the large bash plate up front. They are heavy and underpowered for the sand but were great for the hard pack terrain of Texas! The EcoTech 2.2 were inexpensive, easy to get parts for and readily available. Big power was not needed. 091's or Mendeola 2D's were usually used - I don't know of any that had a bigger trans than the 2D.

Nice to see one again!

Where are you located?

That's probably the cleanest one I have seen (I've seen 3 or 4 in person and pics of others)

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome stuff, totally built for function.  Cool details Matt, :cheers:

Thanks matt86m

Where are you located?

That's probably the cleanest one I have seen (I've seen 3 or 4 in person and pics of others)
All great information.  I bought the buggy from a young guy in Scottsdale AZ.  We live in the Northern Arizona mountains just outside of Seligman AZ on Route 66.  With miles of rocky hard packed dirt roads, juniper trees, prickly pear cactus and manzanita bushes this buggy can get up and down the rocky stuff with ease.

I'll have to take it out to my range and shoot a few rounds off the roof.

And to color hides the road dust.

roads.jpg

at home.jpg

at home 2.jpg

sunset.jpg

Having spent 27 years in the Army, I couldn't resist a little desert camo pattern.  I'm just getting started, I'll post more when it's done.

camo.jpg

Did you get the fold down windshield with it?

It came in handy in Texas when we were bashing mesquite and cactus! 

Take a Can am to the desert and a bush will wreck a stock CV boot which in turn wrecks the CV and axle. Take this to the desert and bash everything you your way!

Did you get the fold down windshield with it?

It came in handy in Texas when we were bashing mesquite and cactus! 
Not a fold down windshield, but pull two pins and the windshield can be removed and re-mounted behind the seats for storage on the go.

Went for a 100 mile adventure ride today.  Will head back home tomorrow.  Williamson Valley Road South to Prescott AZ.  The buggy did great.  It chews up the washboard sections and has just a little oversteer in the sand.  My only complaint is the vinyl seats.  Does anyone make a seat with good air flow?

Thumb Butte.jpg

Granite Mountain.jpg

Back