Speed UTV Tool Kit worth it?

cek

Reaction score
Has anyone bought the speed UTV tool kit. Would be nice to keep in the SxS but is also top dollar. Any thoughts? Yes I know I can go to Harbor Freight and build my own. 

Has anyone bought the speed UTV tool kit. Would be nice to keep in the SxS but is also top dollar. Any thoughts? Yes I know I can go to Harbor Freight and build my own. 
I have the regular Speed tool kit and it is really nice.  I would not keep it in my SXS though.  I use it in camp or in the garage at home.  It is too heavy to lug around in a UTV and it has way more stuff than needed for a UTV.  The UTV tool kit from Assault or Boxo is much better.  Their new kits have everything you need including the sockets for the axle nuts.  They come in a nice tool roll you can store easily in a SXS and do not cost as much as the Speed UTV kit.  The Speed UTV kit is nice, but you need a bed or big spot to store it. 

My Assault tool roll fits nicely under my seat and a strap it to a frame rail so it goes no where.  

I thought RG was going to sell the Speed Tool kit and a smaller, stripped down version to carry in a SxS.

The tool kits looks great and has everything nicely packaged but for me it is a little to much $$$ and I already have 90% of the tools, just scattered everywhere 🙂

The dewalt tool kit at costco is pretty nice,forgot what i paid for it but the tools are of good quality and don't take up much room. I think they work great not only for a side x side but great for any job . 

I have a harbor freight kit in my truck and twisted the 3/8 drive extension into a pretzel. $30 kit and you get what you pay for.  Was thinking about building my own kit. I was going to start with this kit. https://www.amazon.com/CRAFTSMAN-Mechanics-Tools-57-Piece-CMMT99446/dp/B07RN2RMHY/ref=asc_df_B07RR6FWXV/?tag=&linkCode=df0&hvadid=366290009890&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4954879129354904297&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9030007&hvtargid=pla-790630613936&ref=&adgrpid=80266838870&th=1  Then add some 1/2 inch sockets and ratchet. Also a couple good quality crescent wrenches. Robbies video gives a nice description to do your own complete kit. Do it for 1/2 the price. That box is nice though. Some things I would never need in a portable kit. That would be for the truck. For the moho and desert and dunes I have three tool boxes with most everything he has and more.

I just want to break away for a minute and say even thought she's 62 (10 years older than my georgeous wife)... I'm still in love with Susanna Hoff..

Susanna_Hoffs.jpg

Besides Sand Shark, who’s talked highly of the Speed Tool kit. I know one other person who bought the Speed tool kit and loves it. I thought it was allot of money, but he said it’s worth it, and he has nice tools to begin with. (Not Craftsman or HF like me!) I think the TT team they chase for has several Speed kits too which makes sense as you can easily bring the tools into the field or  having to go back & forth into the chase truck tool cabinet. 

Robby has said they will be making a smaller UTV specific tool kit. I think it was to be out by now, but with manufacturing delays & shortages, Im not surprised it’s not out yet. 

This set looks pretty nice. https://www.amazon.com/Crescent-CTK170CMP2-Mechanics-Tool-170-Piece/dp/B00F4AVRGW?tag=cnet-buy-button-20&ascsubtag=9411dfcd2a5e4706b5ce3a243afbf4ed|3853ebf2-4be0-45a2-b29d-6453a883ca69|dtp  Almost 10,000 reviews and most are 4 or 5 star. Just add some items in another box like hammer, tape measure, regular pliers, wire strippers and pliers, utility knife, mirror, magnet, file set, a few punches, flashlight, big mallet. At least that is how I would build it to keep in my truck. SxS could be similar and built to suit for the second box. 20 lbs. 

Back