Solutions to the Abortion Dilemma

I prefer "fun size."
I bet you do "Snicker Licker" that you are .. :tll:

peanut-butter-gamer-pbg.gif
snickers-licking.gif
snickers-snicker.gif

Guys i am really not offended, really dont car about the topic,  I really think about Glamis Dunes as Sand Dunes or the travels to the Dunes, my point is dealing with sand car parts and repair, I try to make every person a member, and most feel that there is really not any sand dune topics, I know this is not true but this is the perception of a lot of people, I talk to a bunch of non active members, and they feel that there is no draw to the site, 

So my point was, Sure post non related dune topics, But if for over a year, you are the type of member that only post non related Sand Dune topics, then really what is your contribution to the site, 

I could be wrong but when the site topic is not heavier on Dune topics than non Dune topics, then it will slowly fall to the waist side to new members, 

Yes i joke about the SXS guys but really nothing offends me, well 930 cvs do a little, but not much else.

I feel post away on non Offroad topics, but you should also try just has hard to put in related off highway topics,  

Guys i am really not offended, really dont car about the topic,  I really think about Glamis Dunes as Sand Dunes or the travels to the Dunes, my point is dealing with sand car parts and repair, I try to make every person a member, and most feel that there is really not any sand dune topics, I know this is not true but this is the perception of a lot of people, I talk to a bunch of non active members, and they feel that there is no draw to the site, 

So my point was, Sure post non related dune topics, But if for over a year, you are the type of member that only post non related Sand Dune topics, then really what is your contribution to the site, 

I could be wrong but when the site topic is not heavier on Dune topics than non Dune topics, then it will slowly fall to the waist side to new members, 

Yes i joke about the SXS guys but really nothing offends me, well 930 cvs do a little, but not much else.

I feel post away on non Offroad topics, but you should also try just has hard to put in related off highway topics,  
You're ok with type 1, 2, 3, and 4 VW CVs though?

Except for intricate details and one off questions some of these people you see posting have beat up the topic of shock geometry, transmissions, Dom versus chromoly, Dyno numbers, what paddles to use, how to mount your seatbelts, and every other goddamn thing about 50 times over. It's too bad the old board went down there was such a wealth of information. And just so you know summertime was always like this for as long as I can remember. 

Edit to add. My point being that just like an old contractor that doesn't want to explain how to frame a wall for the 50th time or an electrician telling someone how to wire a switched outlet for the 50th time, they tend to only give their.02 if it gets their attention. Let the young bucks do it. You're doing a great job, everyone appreciates it and people will read your topics for the next 10+ years . Unless someone effs the backup again. :legit:

Last edited by a moderator:

the variety of topics is one of the things i like about this site. there are alot of people on here with some good insight and knowledge on a variety of topics, i have learned things about topics i never knew about by reading posts like these. while i have my opinion i like to hear others as well and why it is they think that way. 

i think of this site like the campfire, when we are sitting in camp after a day of riding we dont only talk about the riding we did that day or things we would like to do to our cars, we talk about all kinds of things. 

Just a story, 21 years ago, my wife and I were living in Carlsbad with two young boys ( 4 and 2 years old).  I had gotten sniped right after my two year was born.  Doctor cleared me saying I had no more baby makers.  Fast forward 18 months or so.......my wife is pregnant................oh chit, "Lucy you have some plaing to do"(my best Ricky Riccardo quote).  

So many things going thru our minds (options), we were done having kids.  Our friends were trying to have a child, and we couldn't stop.  We felt guilty as well.  We talked about giving this child to them with adoption, talk briefly about an abortion (very brief), and we decided to go thru the pregnancy and keep the child.  I was freaked out, our house was too small, our cars would not hold three car seats, and more daycare.  $$$$$

That being said, that little girl is the best thing that has happened in my life, she is almost 21 years old.  I can't imagine life without her.  We change a lot of things with our life, sold our house in Carlsbad and moved to Canyon Lake not knowing a single sole out here in the 909 (before the 951). We did not want to be house poor, but still wanted a fun lifestyle, so Inland we went.

I did have to get another snip, the chit grew back together and I was 100% full of baby makers.  How many people you know that had to get sniped twice?

This story really change my ideology on Abortion..............

bombaybanner.jpg

Theres going to be lots of difficult decisions as medicine advances. We can already prove the serial killer gene. To what level do you start to go? What if you tested a 5 year old kid and could say he is 90% likely to hurt people. Do you place him in a special camp? Let him roam free? Crazy to think about. Then what if science gets to the point that it could prove the child who was just conceived will be 90% likely to become a killer. Would the parents want to have this child to begin with?

I dont really know how i stand on the abortion topic. I try to not really kill anything. Even spiders and stuff. I personally take a selfish route and ignore most of the big topics. Never follow politics. I realize that doing that can mean people i disagree with become in power. But then again what can i as an individual really do? Ive always said i trust my peers and the people i respect. Most of the way i vote comes from what Laurie tells me. Because i trust her perception and we usually agree on everything politics wise.

To me, my body, my choice definitely comes into it.

This includes the body inside of you that didn't choose to be there.  With rare exception, your choices put it there. All of the other comparisons (vaccines, for example) aren't fair comparisons because they don't involve a second individual. 

But don't ask me, ask the California Penal Code and related jury instructions:

187(a) Murder is the unlawful killing of a human being, or a fetus, with malice aforethought.

CALCRIM 520: A fetus is an unborn human being that has progressed beyond the embryonic stage after major structures have been outlined, which occurs at seven to eight weeks of development.

So, the state defines a fetus as murderable at 7-8 weeks, but if you don't want to have a child because it's inconvenient (again, medical/rape exemptions should apply), you're exempted from this.  You couldn't even legally kill yourself until a couple of years ago here.

@Mac The problem with your OP is only people who think ahead will take the sterilization, which are likely the same people we need more of.  Antonio Cromartie, on the other hand, will still raw-dogg everything that can fog a mirror.

The solutions have been available since forever:

1429802312-birth-control-effectiveness.jpg

This isn't really hard.  I highly doubt even a significant percentage of aborted babies are from the top rung.  Yes it does happen, but it seems to me that  getting an IUD is far less invasive, annoying, and emotionally crippling than abortion.

And yep, I know, I identified as a woman while typing this post. :biggrin:

Back