Solid state switch panels

Jtmoney714

Reaction score
I’m going to be doing a rewire on my buggy this off season. I know the switch pros and others like it have been out for awhile now. Any real world reviews? Has anyone used any of the other brands out there with success. Any tricks to wiring or programming? One thing I’m not sure on what to do is for the whip light. Say I stop somewhere and have the ignition off but I want to run the whip light. What are people using to trigger the unit on to run the whip light? I’d rather not have to leave my ignition switch on. 

I’m going to be doing a rewire on my buggy this off season. I know the switch pros and others like it have been out for awhile now. Any real world reviews? Has anyone used any of the other brands out there with success. Any tricks to wiring or programming? One thing I’m not sure on what to do is for the whip light. Say I stop somewhere and have the ignition off but I want to run the whip light. What are people using to trigger the unit on to run the whip light? I’d rather not have to leave my ignition switch on. 
if you have a master disconnect, run it off of the output of the disconnect to a fuse to the whip.  Yes it will be on during the daytime, but who cares.......  my dash lights are on 100% of the time & it took me 3 years to figure it out.  LOL

I put a "master" switch from the battery to the control line of the panel I put in my buggy, independent of ignition. But I am only running things unrelated to the engine (radio, pumper, chase light, etc.) off of it.

I put a "master" switch from the battery to the control line of the panel I put in my buggy, independent of ignition. But I am only running things unrelated to the engine (radio, pumper, chase light, etc.) off of it.
That’s what I’m thinking. Probably will just add a separate toggle switch with 12v instead of running to the ignition. 

With a SwitchPro you can select inj-on and inj-off circuits. So you can run your wip light off an inj-off circuit and have it on with out the engine on. 

With a SwitchPro you can select inj-on and inj-off circuits. So you can run your wip light off an inj-off circuit and have it on with out the engine on. 
Oh that’s good to know. I didn’t see that in any of their literature. 

Also do people wire their intercoms and radios to the switch pro?

Also do people wire their intercoms and radios to the switch pro?
Let me know if you need a switch pro at a GD forum discount 

as for the switch pro, you can program how each switch operates via the app. So as for your whips, you can set those to battery, you can also set up non blinking items (dust light, solid color whips) to strobe for flash function as well as momentary switch for push button starting 

rugged radios advises wiring radios directly to the battery yet also sells a master switch that interrupts the feeds from being a direct wire 🤷‍♂️ 

We're doing two Motec PDMs and Motec button panels in my Funco.  Not cheap, but IMHO the best there is right now.

-TJ

Back