Solar Controller Question

wapawekka

Reaction score
My motorhome has a solar panel on top and this pictured controller. I know nothing else about this system. No other information came with the RV when I purchased it. This is the main screen of the controller. There are other menu options but it pretty much defaults to this. What do the numbers mean? I’m assuming bat1 and bat2 are the current volts for those batteries. What does the solar numbers mean? What do the numbers on the right mean?

IMG_9737.jpeg

Solar numbers are the voltage of your solar array and its amperage output.  The other amperage numbers I assume are the inputs to those (since it appears that batt1 is being charged in the above screen).  Not sure why your batteries are showing differing voltage, other than they're isolated by your charge controller?

One battery is the house battery and one is the chassis battery. The house battery is being charged by the solar panel on the roof although I don't know how its getting 3.7 amps from the 2.7 the panel is outputting.

One battery is the house battery and one is the chassis battery. The house battery is being charged by the solar panel on the roof although I don't know how its getting 3.7 amps from the 2.7 the panel is outputting.
could it be that they are different voltages? 

Battery #2 is not getting charged. Thats why its at 12.5 volts. Battery #1 is full per your system and is getting a float charge. The other possibility is you have a trailer and your rv dealer did not set it up correctly and its only wired to the one battery.

The different amperages are expected.  Your solar is producing 57.8 watts.  With a battery voltage of 14.1 volts, the 3.7 amps is reasonable.  No idea why BAT2 looks like that. Is there anything even hooked up to the second battery channel? 

Back