Social Media Forums

Mac

Reaction score
First and foremost, thank you Rob for keeping the spirit with Glamisdunes.com.  I know it always hasn't been easy and there have been changes and challenge along the way.  Thank you for keeping anything GD.com related as open as possible and allowing people to share their voice.

So....social media forums that require admin approvals....GHAY!  Why have it?  Nick Farmer and Greg Adkins run the GHAYEST sites that only serve drama and their friends.  Why make them public forums?  Ask a simple question about traffic...nope...no approval.  BUT...if you are an irresponsible parent and putting your new born at risk...no problem.  We can take a dozen of those posts and approve them right away.  Got b00bs?  no problem.  Got drama?  No problem.  Dude can suck a big fat one.  

So..."Whips" can suck a big fat one too.  I'll keep GD as my desert forum and RiverDaves as my boating forum.  Just say no to ghay admins and ghay social media sites.

#nickfarmerisahomo
#gregadkinsisahomo
#desertwhipsisgay
#riverwhipsisgay

Last edited by a moderator:
First and foremost, thank you Rob for keeping the spirit with Glamisdunes.com.  I know it always hasn't been easy and there have been changes and challenge along the way.  Thank you for keeping anything GD.com related as open as possible and allowing people to share their voice.

So....social media forums that require admin approvals....GHAY!  Why have it?  Nick Farmer runs the GHAYEST sites that only serve drama and their friends.  Why make them public forums?  Ask a simple question about traffic...nope...no approval.  BUT...if you are an irresponsible parent and putting your new born at risk...no problem.  We can take a dozen of those posts and approve them right away.  Got b00bs?  no problem.  Got drama?  No problem.  Dude can suck a big fat one.  

So..."Whips" can suck a big fat one too.  I'll keep GD as my desert forum and RiverDaves as my boating forum.  Just say no to ghay admins and ghay social media sites.

#nickfarmerisahomo
#desertwhipsisgay
#riverwhipsisgay
Snoop?  Is that you?

Start at 4:24

First and foremost, thank you Rob for keeping the spirit with Glamisdunes.com.  I know it always hasn't been easy and there have been changes and challenge along the way.  Thank you for keeping anything GD.com related as open as possible and allowing people to share their voice
First and foremost thank you Rob and the GD. Com crew for all you do to keep this site alive and well. I think this site rocks all other social media sites this is my go to site I only do this site and MeWe all the others can go pound sand. You guys rock.

Thanks Mac for starting this thread 

Looks like my focus. This site is no doubt the greatest. A little biased of course due to the fact I love to Dune with everyone on this site. And I love to get info regarding stuff I don't know about. Toys / Tools / and exciting purchases I would have never owned. And of course the friends I've gained over the years. Peace

My SM is limited to here, Bloodydecks & IG

I have no clue what you are talking about

• Haha
Reactions: Mac
DesertWhips is definitely lame.  I stumbled into the Sand Asylum facebook once.  That was a real Crapshow.

So....social media forums that require admin approvals....GHAY!  Why have it?  Nick Farmer and Greg Adkins run the GHAYEST sites that only serve drama and their friends.  Why make them public forums?  Ask a simple question about traffic...nope...no approval.  BUT...if you are an irresponsible parent and putting your new born at risk...no problem.  We can take a dozen of those posts and approve them right away.  Got b00bs?  no problem.  Got drama?  No problem.  Dude can suck a big fat one.  

#nickfarmerisahomo
#gregadkinsisahomo
#desertwhipsisgay
#riverwhipsisgay
Mac - great points!!  On DWhips, it started as a NO ADVERTISING forum.  That was until Farmer started selling his own stuff, and using it for him to make money.  The rules change as they discover ways to fund themselves. Then for a while, you could post and advertise as long as you were a participating board member.  Who knows now!  I've really been trying to push away from FB since all the political BS and content reviewing and censoring, etc.  I have found myself returning here more, and enjoying the people and content.  No need for that crapshow FB and it's sites.....

Any page on Facebook have many idiots, even the GD.com Facebook page was filled with yahoos.  People ask the same question over and over again and nobody ever gives the correct answer.  

GD.com is amazing, lots of free flowing ideas and the knowledge that everyone provides is incredible.

I personally follow daily, Twitter, Insta, and Facebook.  I use each for different things.  

- Facebook is like going to the DMV, makes you feel better about yourself because 90% of what is there is stupid, and people feed into it.

- Insta is for pictures and following cool off road pages and certain people, even LRS.

- Twitter is where I get some of my news and current events.  I don't watch any TV News, it is all for entertainment. I follow what I want. I also truly think reading is better for the brain than TV

- while this isn't Social Media, I read the Wall Street News online everyday as well.

But, GD.com is by far the best for me.

i am on/in somwheres around 320 groups or pages, many of which i have set to where i dont see the posts in my feed. for me i use them all as a source for information, meaning i search for what im looking for. rarely do i post asking questions about this or that, or do i comment on topics/posts unless im that bored. i have also set it to where i dont see most of the politcal Crap freinds post.

there is one thing about social media i enjoy, it has opened my eyes to things and places other than glamis related stuff. as my interests have changed in the last year and half i adjust my media accordingly.

The whip pages are gay PERIOD!And yeh the questions that get asked anyone see my seat cushion i lost is the water cold upriver? what size tire do i run?where can i camp at at glamis,i saw your sticker white claw me,etc 

Another i noticed was the glamis fb page too seemed like it was strict on advertising which i liked but seems like now its a promotion page for someone and his buddies or business too

I don’t know about any of that stuff. It all sounds gay. 

I got rid of FB on 1 Apr, cant say that I miss it too much. 

Back