Shout out to the folks that maintain the wash road!!!

Bobalos

Reaction score
Ive only been going for about a 10 years, but Ive never seen the wash road in such great shape.  it was nicer than the 78 and 8 freeways. 

I couldn't believe how compacted it was, to the point where I didn't feel comfortable leaving the truck in 4wd... the same feeling ya get when you hop onto blacktop still in 4wd... It definitely has an affect on the deeper washes now. I expect maximum carnage from the witches eye farms near China with more people camping down that way.

Wash road... Friday!.. I cannot wait.. feel like a horse banging against the walls before the staring gate drops, etc. .. only thing I'm missing is a nice V8 rail with a 415ci CBM stroker.. 

depositphotos_3529022-stock-photo-horses-at-starting-gate.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It was AWESOME!!!!! I was soo impressed....made the drive to 22 easy!!!!

Very COOL!!!

:poule:

The grad was much better. I really don’t need to feel like I’m going to jack up the fifth wheel just to get into camp. Even though I still get stuck in some soft stuff in the wash lol. 

What's a good wash?, deep back...I've never camped past 14 and have only visited 22.

Ideally, not crowded, fairly flat camping space and good routes to places of interest? Quads, Dirt bikes and SxS's - thanks!

What's a good wash?, deep back...I've never camped past 14 and have only visited 22.

Ideally, not crowded, fairly flat camping space and good routes to places of interest? Quads, Dirt bikes and SxS's - thanks!
10 is the deepest and you can go back further into the trees but you better have 4WD and a rope

11 is Narrow and can be soft to the side but widens out after a bit, It starts getting soft when it does.  You can also find some deep sdoft stuff just past the big tree at the entrance.

12 is screwy has what I call gilligan's island, That is the part of W11 that is on the other side of the dune that is at the opening of 11. Then it is deep and not very wide. Seems like we always have just skipped over it.

13 sucks stay out :dunno:

14 lots of shrubs and is a lot like W12 without Gilligans Island

15 Besides the one giant kiddie track it's a great place to camp wide and deep 

I agree, wash road was at it's finest.

But it also brought undesirables to wash 27 who decided to have a "RAVE?" at 4:00 AM and shut down around 8 AM.  

I agree, wash road was at it's finest.

But it also brought undesirables to wash 27 who decided to have a "RAVE?" at 4:00 AM and shut down around 8 AM.  
Nope, that was in wash 25.  I camped in wash 27 and heard it all night and morning.  Drove around at 7:30 AM to see who it was.  I assumed it was the one other camp in 27 with us, but it was some people on the edge of wash 25 with one RV and a bunch of cars and tents.

10 is the deepest and you can go back further into the trees but you better have 4WD and a rope

11 is Narrow and can be soft to the side but widens out after a bit, It starts getting soft when it does.  You can also find some deep sdoft stuff just past the big tree at the entrance.

12 is screwy has what I call gilligan's island, That is the part of W11 that is on the other side of the dune that is at the opening of 11. Then it is deep and not very wide. Seems like we always have just skipped over it.

13 sucks stay out :dunno:

14 lots of shrubs and is a lot like W12 without Gilligans Island

15 Besides the one giant kiddie track it's a great place to camp wide and deep 
That's like leaving the door wide open...with a giant welcome mat

Nope, that was in wash 25.  I camped in wash 27 and heard it all night and morning.  Drove around at 7:30 AM to see who it was.  I assumed it was the one other camp in 27 with us, but it was some people on the edge of wash 25 with one RV and a bunch of cars and tents.
I also heard it a few washes away. People in our camp thought I left my radio on all night by mistake. 

I also heard it a few washes away. People in our camp thought I left my radio on all night by mistake. 
I heard the bass in wash 19.  Seemed to be very late in the morning, like 3am.  

There have been multiple large party (not off-roader) groups in deep washes since that road had been built.  Just that I've seen the remnants of first hand.

The creeps were in 25 and then moved after 7 rangers showed up Saturday. 

We think they moved a few washes down because i heard them again at 2am Sunday morning. 

Cant believe they stayed and did the same thing. They didnt move far either.

To hell with that wash road!  Traffic, trash, dirtballs and chewed dunes is all its created.  

The old road kept the deep washes honest and hardy.
This is 100% the case. 

Wash 23 use to be a great wash......not too far but far enough. Now it's basically the end of the road. We had a few good years before they closed the old road.

I was very impressed this trip down Wash Rd. Cheers to those who prepped the track. Peace

Just a question, if they are going to maintain it this nice, why not just pave it?

Back