Shock anodizing

Dodd

Reaction score
Anybody ever have shock parts reanodized? Getting ready to send out for service and want to reanodize the black parts

Im interested in this as well.  Im in San Diego City. 

& FWIW, Im planning on dropping mine off @ AG to get DJ to rebuild my shocks & was hoping he could handle the color as well.  Might be worth a call.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody ever have shock parts reanodized? Getting ready to send out for service and want to reanodize the black parts
I had mine Ceracoated a few years ago. I think it lasts longer than anodizing. If on a budget, the new trick is to spray paint with Steel It

im going the cerakote route myself, which i plan to with my kings.

anodized aluminum fades from uv light, black is the worst about it. its not a big deal to re anodize or coat the parts, just added costs is all.

i did my old coilovers in black steel it and got the springs re powdercoated.  Obviously it still gets a little beat up from the sliders but overall its held up well for 2 seasons. pretty easy to touch up as well, the nice thing is you dont have to disassemble the whole shock. 

I cerakoted the shocks on my last buggy.    They were completely sandblasted within a season

Back