Seat mounts how are yours?

Desertanddune

Reaction score
So as im  going through the car I see shifting rod is rubbing on seat driver side has spacers. Passenger is on the floor .

If drivers seat didnt have spacers it would rub also .

Can anyone show pictures of seat mounts or suggest mount ideas to lift seats 2-3 inches 

Scorpion sand car  

0320211352_HDR.jpg

Those seat mounts are sketchy AF and I've never seen seat tabs cut off and welded flat like that.  But that's what I love about wrenching on sandrails, always finding things to scratch my head about. A larger fella like myself would bend those mounts just by backing the car off the trailer.

Those seat mounts are sketchy AF and I've never seen seat tabs cut off and welded flat like that.  But that's what I love about wrenching on sandrails, always finding things to scratch my head about. A larger fella like myself would bend those mounts just by backing the car off the trailer.
Some seats like Corbea come with the tabs like that. I have a set of Corbeau Baja SS seats in my fairlane and they are the same. But those should be mounted to something flat, not floating on a post like that. 

Desertanddune, I would weld angle iron in with whatever height you need and box it so it doesn't collapse side to side 

Wow!!  I can't believe those have survived off road life!!  As mentioned, I think those need to be at least gusseted.  The leverage on those while bouncing around in the desert has to be unreal!

Most seat tabs are vertical, not horizontal like that.  Vertical mounting goes against shear, not leverage.  I looked thru all my pictures and cannot find any that shows seat mounting unfortunately.  I cannot get to my sandrail until the weekend for pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not keen on how this looks either. Its def sketchy.

Would something like this work?

Screenshot_20211013-082600.png

Im not keen on how this looks either. Its def sketchy.

Would something like this work?

View attachment 16076
That's for the sliders to mount to, which would be longer than the seat base.  You could mod it to work by bolting your seats to flat stock that's bolted to that mount... But that's still some mickey mousery.  

But...  Short of replacing the mounts with correct height ones that don't need spacers... You're crossing your fingers in a wreck. 

@Grease Monkey has a couple nice seats for sale.

That is seriously dangerous .. what do the seat belt mounts look like? I am sure a big guy in an accident would break the seat mounts and the seat would move and belts stay stationary - easy way to get a broken neck.  As LRS said - head scratcher ... and I think its bad when I see 4  5/16 Grade 5 blots holding in a seat and replace them them with some 3/8" Grade 8's and people say why did you do that Bolts weren't broken ..

Yes as I go im fixing things 

That need it. 

I am removing those pipe spacers and getting seat mounts just trying to figure out the best configuration for my car 

41E35E48-9CD2-4756-BE47-E781681A08CB.jpegDB69634F-6ECA-4CB0-8140-CFD6C3160B15.jpeg
Back seat and front seat mounts. Never had an issue. 

Back