SCU - performance difference between Mid and Little Bro.

JM PRO

Reaction score
Looking at buying a SCU and wanted everyone's opinion. I am a duner and like to slide and drift the car. Between the Little Bro and the Mid Bro, what are the differences and which one dunes better? I think the Big Bro will be out of my price range but what is the differences of the big bro as well? My goal is the 2006-2009 year range

Thanks for the feed back.

I had the mid bro and LOVED it!!!  Best Car ever / slides ....dunes...rips.....chops and handles INCREDIBLE!!!!!! Don makes an AWESOME sand car!!!!

Wish I could have gotten that car back last year from pennywise!!!!!

I had a Big Bro...in fact the 2nd to last one ever built for 12 Seasons....the car was awesome! If you set up the car correctly meaning Air Pressure and Suspension dialed in they all will slide and drift. I never used my turning breaks and could turn on a dime! It handled the big whoops and big jumps with ease. You won't be disappointed in any year of version of a SCU! 

Brap braaap! Tons of smiles per mile. Great and nimble in the dunes. Eats up the whoops. I only wish the cage was a smidge wider. I think the big bro is 4” wider? 

91EDACCD-DE73-41F9-BE2D-B0DDAA57B2B1.jpeg

Not really sure if it’s a Lil Bro or a Mid Bro. It came with bypass all around(typical of the mid Bro) but didn’t have the wide cage on the nose for lights or whatever ( again typical of the mid Bro and missing on the Lil Bro) did come with the 3.5/turbo but swapped that to ls2. Bro’ing out some way or another. Only other change is reconfiguring my wing trunk mullet.

what I love about the suspension on this car is when I sniff around the big dollar SCU cars I see the same beefy arms and exact same geometry, just bigger shinier shocks etc on theirs. Love that narrower A-arm, really allows the extreme turning angle. Combine that with the turning brake and it’s pretty easy to get this thing spun around. Surprisingly nimble for a 4 seat rear engine car.

B9A9CFA9-3717-4C2F-A44F-760890C7B9E8.jpeg

ugh i want one of these so bad! such a nice looking car! JM PRO share pictures of your new ride once you get it!

I have had both and the biggest difference I felt was the cockpit size. Both are great cars, and both were a blast to drive. If you sit large in a seat then go for the mid bro, if not I think you will be happy with both. 

Agree, think the only difference was the width of the cage, but it might also be in the rear. I believe the Lil Bro (I had) was designed for a V6, mine had a V8, so the unfotunate part was only like a 15 gallon tank with the LS3. Also, if you have wide shoulders (like I do even though I'm 5'6") you'll be bumping shoulders n' elbows with the passenger unless they're small.

So .. I'd say go with the bigger models.

My $.02

abc

Great cars, slide well as they have a relatively low center of gravity for a 'long travel' car. I never used the turning brake.. never needed it.. but also it was in the wrong spot.. a tiny handle right inside the left side door/wall. You would have to switch from your shifting hand to the steering wheel, then to the brake.. made no sense.. only used it when I winched her in the toy box. I guess I would have moved it and made a big Ken Block Hoon type deal if I was to use it. 

Dudes in the Funcos with those wide paddles slide the sh__ out of them!

my family has 4 SCU cars. 2 big bros, 2 mid bros. Awesome cars. Not a huge difference when driving them but definitely a difference in cockpit size. They all have ls1 S4 set ups. One of the best all around duning cars out there. I bought an Elite last year (Dario built most of the scu cars in the early/mid 2000s and then started elite) Its very similar to SCU cars in handling but bigger in almost every aspect and more of a dual sport car. Red car is the elite. Orange and black cars are SCU, dad and brothers. Last pic you can see them all, Silver car is sisters, blue car is the disney car, grandpas.

IMG_5112.jpg

IMG_5133.jpg

IMG_5936.jpg

IMG_5935.jpg

Hands down the best all around ridding car I have owned was a turbo V6 Little Bro. It was totally dialed in from the guy I bought it from. The Mid Bro I had was really good in the big stuff but a little stiff in the small stuff. I think a little more time tuning the shocks on the Mid Bro and it would have been as good as the Little Bro. The Big SCU I had was in a totally different league the car ripped through everything but was not as nimble as the little bro especially in the tight stuff. It really comes down to what you want to do in it and how willing are you to spend the time to dial the car in.   

2.jpg

3.jpg

19.jpg

Back