School Bus pick up / drop off in Glamis!

Poule43

Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Looks like the Imperial county school district has residents on Gecko Road!!! :lol:

:poule:

053C8347-36FD-473D-9264-E59241F68BEF.jpeg

54EE31CC-3881-4D31-A6BD-42F01702DDE0.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive thought about doing one of those.  There was a guy in FL that made the back into a door & drove his Fox Body Rustang up into the back of it.  it was his MH & race trailer all in one. 

Is it just the pic, or dose that look like a really short tongue on the trailer ?  Looks like its built for going straight.

200.gif

Very strict rules from the CHP on busses being used as standard passenger vehicles. I converted a short bus for a client maybe 10 years ago. Had to remove all the seats and install regular seats with belts, and had to cover up the windows with sheet metal. So school bus seats and windows are safe for our children but not DOT approved for regular passengers. Got it. 

Go to a F1 race in Austin. I haven't been on one since 6th grade (that was the last grade I was educated) and they use them for parking shuttles. 

Yes I licked a few windows before I got off the bus.....

Very strict rules from the CHP on busses being used as standard passenger vehicles. I converted a short bus for a client maybe 10 years ago. Had to remove all the seats and install regular seats with belts, and had to cover up the windows with sheet metal. So school bus seats and windows are safe for our children but not DOT approved for regular passengers. Got it. 
Not to mention getting them insured, look into it prior to pulling the trigger…

I wonder if you can register it as a "homemade RV" if you goto the sheriffs office & get it inspected?

Back in the day my Grandfather wanted to buy a old Greyhound bus and convert it.  Only thing I remember is that they were dirt cheap but came without the tires so you had to buy new tires and they cost more then bus itself.

Look up "skoolie" conversions - there was a lot of people doing it recently. Cheaper than a Sprinter, bigger too. I helped sheet the side of one for a buddy a while back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back