Sand Rail Battery's ???

Time2Dune

Reaction score
Need to replace the battery in the rail this year, What's everyone using?  Currently I have a Odyssey 925, I have had pretty good luck with it but I let it drain down over the summer and I think I killed it.  

Bat.jpg

I had a 680 for my honda just upgraded to a 925.Got lucky someone thought it was dead i guess.Saw a pile of cores at sweet maries asked guy if i can have it for fitting in my rail before i buy one.decided to just check charge after it sat for 3 months 12.7 on meter decided hook it up fired up engine easy.

my 680 is about 6 years old i now run it in one of my jetskis.

this is what is in mine.  I got it in Glamis when my old one died. 

image.png

Damn things were a $150 a few years ago at the SSSS. But better than $300 at the Mullet's shop.
valley battery in brawley is where i got them a few years ago. he keeps a bunch of them in stock not sure if he is still there the place was a little weird

I have a PC925 as well and just last week thought I killed it. Spoke with a buddy and said to put it on a high amp charge. I ended up jumping it off my truck then letting in run for a bit, then threw a tender on it and its perfectly fine.

Im a total fan of keeping old batteries around too!! Generally speaking when a battery is completely dead you want to be very gentle at first. Put the lowest amp charger you have around. A little 0.75a motorcycle battery tender works. Once the battery can show nominal voltage like 12.x for a car battery then you can get clever and crank it good with a high amp charge. It mixes the electrolytes and hopefully cleans the plates. Some of the buildup can flake off. You just need to be super extra careful about the battery chemistry. A flooded battery you can hammer on. Let it bubble. It wants to bubble. Sealed batteries no likey that. Shoot back in the day you could go on the internet and pay a couple bucks for a trick to revive old cordless drill batteries. Guess what the trick was? You short it out. Quick little taps. Idea was to make the buildup break away from the plates so they could do their chemistry and accept a charge again. Never have full capacity but a working battery is better than nothing. 

Look at the Full River FT410L. Just replaced my battery with a Full River.   I have had the PC925 batteries in the past.  They are not built like they were years ago....  Full River batteries are built better and are a direct replacement for the PC925.  

ft410l.png

Sorry for the thread hi-jack but here goes...

Do these PC925 do the same job as an optima full size battery? I'm planning on running a mild system in my car and want to play some music while the car is off. Do these hold up like that or are they only good for split second fire ups? LS engine FYI curious to know. I like the smaller size of it for sure. 

Do these PC925 do the same job as an optima full size battery? I'm planning on running a mild system in my car and want to play some music while the car is off. Do these hold up like that or are they only good for split second fire ups? LS engine FYI curious to know. I like the smaller size of it for sure. 
the pc925 have a high cranking amp around 900amp    they are only about 28 amp hour. The amp hour is the capacity the optima depending on which one are about 800 cranking amp and 40 to 50 amp hour

I’ve been running a Total Power U1 code battery for about a decade now. 1200 cranking amps, first lasted 8 years on a cold-blooded engine. 

I've had dual Optima Blue tops in my car for 5 seasons now. Most cars I prep have the Odyssey 925, smaller amd lighter. 

I run the 925 in my SXS and will be swapping out my optima for a 925 when I tear into the car next summer. 

We stopped selling and running Odyssey PC925's a few years ago.  To properly charge the Odyssey batteries you should have a Odyssey battery charger.  They auto charge to 14.7, they were the only battery chargers to seem to keep the batteries up.  We switched over to PowerXS batteries about two years ago for Rails, UTV's and marine.  They absolutely kick butt.  The 925 comes in a left and right version. 32 amp hours with 640 CCA, compared to 28 amp hours and 330 CCA of the Odyssey 925.  I sell a lot of these, let me know if your interested. :ez:

PS925L-turn-2.jpg

Thanks everyone, I ordered 2 Odyssey 925, just need to keep them charged,  Whats everyone using for battery tenders for the Odyssey 925? 

Back