Sand Limo 2 seat Monster Cruiser

realtreeHD

Reaction score
I picked up this car in pieces last year and thrashed for a few months trying to get it done for last season but stalled out in November 2020 and focused my energy elsewhere.  Fast forward to this year and we are back at it. Not sure how soon it will be done due to backorder and all the excuses but we will hit the sand in early 2022. 

The car has had a few previous owners and was not in the best of shape.  Hell it wasn't in any kind of shape.  Lol. Upon buying the car we stripped everything off the chassis and took it back to have the powder stripped. After that it went to Joe Fab for repairs and upgrades.  A few weeks later I picked up the chassis, now tabbed for a 2d with electric PS and all new arms. 

I took the car straight from Joe's to be powdered matte black.

In that time I started collecting parts, a refreshed 2d from fullthrottleguy and all new hubs from Parker at gearone. Decided to go with 2"hollows and midboard 930s. New belts from crow, new intercom from rugged, new Chevy Colorado headlights to fit in the hood. 

And then we stopped progress in 2020.   In September 21 I stumbled on a LS2 from a 2006 gto with only 46k miles on it.  Picked up new motor mount tabs and a full kit from kennedy engineering with a stg 4 clutch. We also rebuilt all 8 shocks with new seals and new oil so they should be ready to go.  Some of them needed it badly and had probably never been opened.  

That's where we are at currently.  I still need to find a set of rear beadlock wheels with 2" backspacing and I need to order the harness and ecu from cbm but fingers crossed it'll hit the sand this season. 

The car was at the SSSS sometime between 2006 and 2008.  All black with a blue airbrushed Medusa theme. I think Nash did the original paint. If anyone has pictures of it, good or bad let's see it.  It may be a sin but the paint has got to go.  Might even rattle can the panels a bright solid color just for the first season. 

I'll update with more pictures but this is all I have on my phone. You can see the picture of my wife and I with the car in its original condition.  Yikes 

2021100915345233_Messages_+19289656665(1).jpeg

Resized_20210911_081847.jpeg

20211002_173954.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do yourself a favor and run Holley Efi.  Why not just order up some vinyl wrap and cover up the paint.  Just like skinny jeans, you never know when that might come back into style.

This is awesome! I don't think Joe built too many two seat monster cruiser chassis. More pictures please!

Awesome! Keep us updated on your progress, thanks for sharing! 

I have a set of 17" billet wheels with 2" BS and a decent set of 35.5 rear paddle. I bought them for a project and ended up getting some new wheels. I paid $2200, message me if your interested. 

On the trailer here is as I picked it up from powder. 

I opted to spray the arms with steel it rather than powder.  We'll have to see how it holds up. 

New pro am shifter as well

Resized952020093095141704.jpg

Resized_20201027_153431.jpeg

623199397.jpg

Resized_20201109_115804.jpeg

Resized_20201009_123736.jpeg

Curious who you used to strip the powder. I want to get mine stripped, and not having much luck. I need to do a few updates, and don't want to re powder any time soon. Most powder shops don't want to do it unless they are going to be the one to re coat it.

Get busy Kade! No excuses, not even the new baby!!!

Curious who you used to strip the powder. I want to get mine stripped, and not having much luck. I need to do a few updates, and don't want to re powder any time soon. Most powder shops don't want to do it unless they are going to be the one to re coat it.
I used xpress metal cleaning in Phoenix 

Do yourself a favor and run Holley Efi.  Why not just order up some vinyl wrap and cover up the paint.  Just like skinny jeans, you never know when that might come back into style.
This.

I actually already have a wrap color picked out just not sure it'll happen this season.  The paint is trashed though and some of the fiberglass has cracks or has been repaired.  

Your dad stopped by yesterday and picked up some parts, we talked about your car this thing is going to be bad ass! Love a good 2 seater.

Little update, had headers built by hothead a few weeks ago.  If you need headers for your car definitely reach out to him.  Best quality and price I found.  I literally drove to CA stayed 3 nights in a hotel and paid for the headers and it still worked out to be cheaper than anyone in AZ quoted me. 

Panels are off for some fiberglass work, then they go for paint. Coolant lines are in.  Still haven’t wired the car and I am working through a couple issues with the Holley harness but fingers crossed it will be in the sand this season.  This has taken way longer than I thought but it’s going to be worth it.  

45BFBF8E-2C7F-4347-A868-5FA532B8E979.jpeg

4B391D29-23A4-4EB1-9739-2AAE89807FC0.jpeg

8A30AE2B-5D27-4904-B5ED-7D75CE8F1917.jpeg

Look forward to seeing the finished car. Dave makes great headers. What did they cost if you don't mind ? 

Update:  Headed to the sand!   

I spent a full day driving from Queen creek to Tucson to new river and then back home to Queen creek.  The car has a Vin, is registered and insured and got its final tune at All Out Tuning.  The radiator does have a small leak but we’ll run it and get it fixed this summer along with a couple other cosmetic items. Paint and fiberglass didn’t work out so I’ll be looking to have a whole new dash and center console built for next season.   We are headed for an overnight shake down run this week and if it all holds up, our first big family trip in 3 years.  I’m stoked!

A quick overnight shakedown on Tuesday and everything held up great.  Driving the car I'm all smiles.  It handles great, suspension is plush and it has plenty of power. 

20230117_161221.jpg

20230117_085610.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back