Sand Car windshield

dunefinkster

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I am new here and could not find any threads on this. Talking to people with windshields they all love them. I have an older BFD car and want to do an install but don't know about the recommended or commonly used factory windshield used. I thought someone had mentioned Toyota truck but seems too wide. I am in San Diego. I will do fabrication but need some advice on a supplier of the windshield.  Thanks in advance for your info

20210110_144642.jpg

I think most of the curved windshields are Toyota and Ford ranger but they are also cut to fit.

Hello Everyone, I am new here and could not find any threads on this. Talking to people with windshields they all love them. I have an older BFD car and want to do an install but don't know about the recommended or commonly used factory windshield used. I thought someone had mentioned Toyota truck but seems too wide. I am in San Diego. I will do fabrication but need some advice on a supplier of the windshield.  Thanks in advance for your info

View attachment 7616
Fabricate the sheet metal frame or have it done, then go to allstar glass in el cajon.

They are the best .  

Most common curved is Toyota Tacoma windshield. If you are making frame. Pick up windshield and build frame to match glass. If glass to wide or tall it can be cut down. Just know most shops that do cut, charge per windshield. Meaning if they get on first cut good for you, if not then you pay for the 2nd or the 3rd until they get it cut with out braking glass. Typically it’s 1 or 2. But they’re cheap so still not bad 

Back