S5D fluid fill

richard h

Reaction score
Looking at a s5d and not sure 1 where you check fluid level and 2 where you fill at on box.

Last edited by a moderator:
Located the fill port. Kind of wish I hadn't. Still question how to check the level of fill. 

With the car sitting level fill it until fluid comes out of the fill hole. 

That's it. I have a large funnel with a hose clamped to the end. I zip tie the funnel up high on the chassis and run the hose into the fill hole. 
Thank you. I did pull this out nothing leaked out. I will pull it and level trans and see where I'm at.

Thanks again.

Thank you. I did pull this out nothing leaked out. I will pull it and level trans and see where I'm at.

Thanks again.
You're welcome. You can use a small allen wrench to stick in there and see if the liquid level is close to the fill hole.

You're welcome. You can use a small allen wrench to stick in there and see if the liquid level is close to the fill hole.
Good idea as my finger will not reach with the depth of the threads. 

Doing this as we found the gear selector shaft seal leaking. What a pain in the tail! That tiny snap ring is a pain! Then we guessed and got the wrong seal, I need the short one and got the tall one. Realized it when I found the shims wouldn't allow the snap ring to seat.

Back