RV Question....

Bobalos

Reaction score
How the hell do you replace the refrigerator in something like this when it goes out?  take out the front window & slide it through on its back? 

thanks

Bob

View attachment 7580

Generally they remove the windshield and they go in/out that way.  On units where that's not an option (like some Class Cs) they pull a slide off the unit to replace it ($$$$$$).

-TJ

Or you can replace the back of the unit, the cooling unit itself if it is a propane/AC fridge. Pull the whole unit into the living room and swap the parts out. 

We have Never removed a windshield to replace a Refrig.  See that side window above that couch.( removed in 10 min) remove frig doors and slide it out the window on a waiting folklift with pallet. My family's shop replaces at least 2 to 5 a week during winter season in Quartzsite. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't think there was any chance it would fit out that window.  Take the doors off.....  duuuuuuuuh..  LOL

Unless going for a whole different unit, you can typically pull it out into the living area and replace the back of the unit. 

We have Never removed a windshield to replace a Refrig.  See that side window above that couch.( removed in 10 min) remove frig doors and slide it out the window on a waiting folklift with pallet. My family's shop replaces at least 2 to 5 a week during winter season in Quartzsite. 
Totally agree. Take the doors off, the shell is pretty light. You will have an escape window. 
Exactly as Squatcher said. 

Sell it! Cover the whole thing in armor all and just put “everything fresh” in for sale ad. Everything worked when we parked it. 

As other said unless you're converting over to a residential, you just order the cooling system and install it right in the RV.  

As other said unless you're converting over to a residential, you just order the cooling system and install it right in the RV.  
This. Pull it out into the living room, spin it around, replace the cooling unit and put it back in.

we did my buddys in the coach.we put down a sheet pulled it into the living room in the motor home removed the hole assembly and installed a new one.first time we ever did it and it was not bad and am not scared to do it again.way cheaper to do it yourself then what I could think thay will charge you.

200.gif

mine fit through the front door by removing the doors on the fridge the units aren't that deep.   if not got out the escape window

Back