Running under glow cop lights on x3 at night?

Fabianzx71

Reaction score
I have underglow pod lights on my x3 can am and on night runs I have them strobing blue and red, would there be and issue with rangers at night in glamis? Ran them in pismo and didn’t have any issues but don’t know if rangers are out to get people at night in the dunes in glamis. Will I get a ticket or just a warning? 

Yes, there would be an issue.

During busy times or “big” weeks / weekends law enforcement is increased by bringing in officers from other jurisdictions, how a stop is handled can vary tremendously. In some cases a private citizen will know more about the rules / regulations than the guy / girl that pulled you over. All the more reason to be “invisible.”

If you’re looking for the “hey look at me factor” the best way to lock it down is to bungee a child car seat to your roof.

Yes, there would be an issue.

During busy times or “big” weeks / weekends law enforcement is increased by bringing in officers from other jurisdictions, how a stop is handled can vary tremendously. In some cases a private citizen will know more about the rules / regulations than the guy / girl that pulled you over. All the more reason to be “invisible.”

If you’re looking for the “hey look at me factor” the best way to lock it down is to bungee a child car seat to your roof.
Or ride aimlessly around in different vehicles while screaming "Where's the muffk'in gun?!  GIVE ME THE MUFFK'IN GUN!!!!!!!!"

Generally, you can do anything you want out there.  Issues arise when you hit Olds, Drags, Vendors and sand highway.  This is where 80% of visitors go and never leave.  If you're looking for social media photo ops, like so many out there, you gotta be in these areas so everyone can see you.

Nothing is better entertainment than Olds Road gridlock.  Throw in a DUI Checkpoint and if you've got the show of the century!

You will no doubt be pulled over. You’re just screaming for it. It’s easy enough to be hassled without drawing extra attention, why would you want that??

…unless that’s what you’re going for. 

Shouldn't be a problem, just run a dash cam so we can all :lmao:  when they mace you in the face and pull you out of the car. 

If you think they won't see you if you stay away from the choke points. That's not going to keep you in the clear either.  As soon as any LEO sees some flashing red and blues thy are going to roll thinking it's a fellow LEO. 

Depending on the butt burn of the LEO you run into you could get anything from a hey turn that off and here is your ticket to mace in the face and a impounded car and getting arrested for impersonating a LEO.

yes will be issue in populated areas where "THE MAN" hangs out.  Years ago(early 2000's) i ran white strobe lights in my truck i would hit the hill and drags with, was pulled over and told not to use them.  

:siren:

Do it, post videos. 

Thanks,

I'm gonna label this under the...

F*#k around and find out! category. 
Beat me to it.

Generally, you can do anything you want out there.  Issues arise when you hit Olds, Drags, Vendors and sand highway.  This is where 80% of visitors go and never leave.  If you're looking for social media photo ops, like so many out there, you gotta be in these areas so everyone can see you.

Nothing is better entertainment than Olds Road gridlock.  Throw in a DUI Checkpoint and if you've got the show of the century!
When driving trucks to the hill to see the shitshow at Olds on a big weekend, I always wonder why I'm sharing that alleyway with 1500 SxSs and quads that aren't being towed.  The entire corridor is surrounded by relatively fresh dunes...

I have underglow pod lights on my x3 can am and on night runs I have them strobing blue and red, would there be and issue with rangers at night in glamis? Ran them in pismo and didn’t have any issues but don’t know if rangers are out to get people at night in the dunes in glamis. Will I get a ticket or just a warning? 
Is this for "look at me" factor at the crowded areas?  If so, then you're f*cked.

If not, use the off switch near said crowded areas.

Not to be a party pooper - but why even do it? Attracting attention for the wrong reasons makes no sense. A clean solid light looks better and less douchey. 

Just make sure you have a MASSIVE stereo, Maybe a big Trunk Wing, Monster Stickers all over and Back off Mud flaps!

:bag:

Ok in all seriousness...like stated above...probably not the greatest idea to run flashing red and blue lights.

:cheers:

I personally try not to bring attention to myself in dunes at any time of the day.  No need to draw attention unless you are looking for a social media moment,  :classic_biggrin:

Back