Retro floor receptacle. Need ideas

John@Outfront

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
We have an area of my house where two recliners are right in the middle of the room with no wall. No power. So I would like to lift the carpet and install a receptacle in the carpet to plug the Al sofas into. Not sure if any of you have retrofitted anything like this. I have about 8 feet to run it under the carpet. Thinking I could cut a 1” wide groove and put some metal track in for the wire and cover it with some cement. How about the actual receptacle?  Any ideas would be great. Btw the other end will come out of the carpet in a near by closet and terminated properly to an ex dusting receptacle 

this is ours, came with the house so not sure how it was done

at least you can see what 1 looks like

IMG_7593.JPG

you could buy some 14/2 or similar wire, remove the outer protective shell, then 10 mil or duct tape the now individual wires on the floorpnce carpet is moved- the wires that come out of the carpet, attach them to a 2 position extension cord type inlet under one of the chairs...on the other end go up and into a wall outlet?  kind of tweek now that i've written out my ides, lol, but no concrete cutting.

There is a permanent correct way to do it but it involves core drilling for the recep box and sawcutting for the walker duct . Drywall repair will also be necessary.

What about just running some romex down the inside of a stripper pole and plugging into that?   You asked for ideas? 

Back