Recommended Shipper For Enclosed Trailer?

Dockmaster

Reaction score
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good shipper for a new 26’ enclosed trailer? My new Intech will be done in a few weeks and I need it shipped from Indiana to Oregon. It’s about 2300 miles one way door to door. I have a quote from my dealer but it seems expensive at over $2/mile. Maybe that’s the going rate these days? Unfortunately I don’t have enough time to go get it myself or I would. I know @L.R.S. does shipping but don’t believe he goes this far or this type of route. Let me know if anyone has a recommendation. Thanks! 

Try USHIP...once you create the ad let it run the entire 7 days as the bids will get lower and lower...there will be a lot of action the 1st few days, and then again near the end.  There's no commitment and if anything, you'll get a price to think about.  I used it twice now.

Fly there and rent a PU truck one  from National / (they dont allow towing BUT your car insurance covers it if anything were to happen ) I have flown to Chicago....gone to the emerald isle @ National and rented a F150 PU truck - picked up a boat and drove straight thru to san diego.

2 day rental was $200 bucks airport to airport plus fuel...... It worked perfect

:poule:

Try USHIP...once you create the ad let it run the entire 7 days as the bids will get lower and lower...there will be a lot of action the 1st few days, and then again near the end.  There's no commitment and if anything, you'll get a price to think about.  I used it twice now.
Thanks. I’ve used Uship a number of times with mixed results. I may see what kind of quotes I get there. Figured it would be better to find a known provider if possible given the fairly high value of the cargo. 

Anyone have any tips on how to protect yourself (cargo) when using a shipper from Uship? I'm getting some pretty attractive quotes and my listing has only been up since yesterday. I'll verify insurance and such but what other things can be done? How do you protect yourself if they damage or destroy my new trailer in an accident or similar type event? I'll let the listing run it's course before selecting anyone. 

Anyone have any tips on how to protect yourself (cargo) when using a shipper from Uship? I'm getting some pretty attractive quotes and my listing has only been up since yesterday. I'll verify insurance and such but what other things can be done? How do you protect yourself if they damage or destroy my new trailer in an accident or similar type event? I'll let the listing run it's course before selecting anyone. 
Get their insurance info and have yourself named as additional insured and make sure they have non owned trailer insurance. I think it’s called Baily or something like that. No insurance I wouldn’t use them. Read the reviews also they can be pretty accurate 

Received my new trailer yesterday. Shipper I used was great. Communication was outstanding and he shared his location live so I was able to see his progress and know where he was the whole trip. I’ve already referred him to others who are using him. If anyone is looking for a shipper to tow a trailer, boat or whatever let me know and I’ll give you his contact info. 

Received my new trailer yesterday. Shipper I used was great. Communication was outstanding and he shared his location live so I was able to see his progress and know where he was the whole trip. I’ve already referred him to others who are using him. If anyone is looking for a shipper to tow a trailer, boat or whatever let me know and I’ll give you his contact info. 
You've had the trailer for a day already and no pictures posted yet ?   Come on man, you're slipping.

You are welcome to post his/her info here. We would all like to know and be able to reference this thread in the future. 

You've had the trailer for a day already and no pictures posted yet ?   Come on man, you're slipping.
Pictures were already posted in my other thread . Can’t seem to get a link pasted in here- sorry. Intech Progress Photos was the title or something like that. 

please and thanks

just saw it thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Back