Radius windshields

ROBERT L

Reaction score
I’m looking at doing a radius windshield on a car myself.  So my question is. Can someone measure the distance from where the curve starts to the furthest point? I’m dealing with a 50” wide cage. And I want to make sure I can get glass for it.  

3FFA11EF-625D-49E7-B4C3-F308504592F6.jpeg

23F6A861-B1DC-4A64-BE94-63AE38D299FF.jpeg

Reactions: FOG
85 toyota minti truck. just spend the 120 bucks on the glass so you have the actual piece to build your frame.  in my desert dynamics im doing the same, and my goal is to make the frame so its a glue in deal and i wont have to cut the glass down to fit so a replacement is cheap after that with no custom cutting.

I would love to see how this is done. Please post your progress brotha. Thanks! 

85 toyota minti truck. just spend the 120 bucks on the glass so you have the actual piece to build your frame.  in my desert dynamics im doing the same, and my goal is to make the frame so its a glue in deal and i wont have to cut the glass down to fit so a replacement is cheap after that with no custom cutting.
I looked at a little older Tatum that had the windshield glued on.  I’m not sure if they missed the radius or what. But the sides the glue was real thick.  But I do like the idea.  Thanks on the year and truck to get the windshield. 

I looked at a little older Tatum that had the windshield glued on.  I’m not sure if they missed the radius or what. But the sides the glue was real thick.  But I do like the idea.  Thanks on the year and truck to get the windshield. 
one of the aluminum guys years ago told me what they used so thats how i knew where to start. they would have them cut down though since most cars that chassis is smaller in dimensions than the glass, where my car is dam near same width wise as a my toyota pickup (i just happen to have an 85 in my driveway).

Cool idea. Is this for your SxS?
Yes it is. I’ve actually have a bunch of other stuff I want to do.  I’m just waiting till our last trip to start on stuff. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: FOG
Back