Quick release steering wheel hub

Okie

Reaction score
Does anyone use this hub? The male spline is 1.3" in diameter. It has a spline count of 30. (I may have asked this question before) I bought it at a sprint car shop, but haven't been able to find a replacement. I have replaced the pins, but it still gets stuck. I have done the usual searches and phone calls. Any ideas who to call?

IMG_20220619_135832.jpg

I actually found a bunch on Amazon. The only problem was I couldn’t find out the diameter of the splines. Have you looked at Sweet?

I actually found a bunch on Amazon. The only problem was I couldn’t find out the diameter of the splines. Have you looked at Sweet?
Yes, I have searched all the name brands, Amazon, Ebay, etc. Shane Stewart, who I bought it from, doesn't have these anymore.

Speedway Motors web site
All I can find in the usual places are 19 and 36 spline. And all are too small of diameter. I will build a new steering shaft, but was hoping to get by with a new hub for now.

Yup some with correct diameter but wrong spline count.

Does anyone use this hub? The male spline is 1.3" in diameter. It has a spline count of 30. (I may have asked this question before) I bought it at a sprint car shop, but haven't been able to find a replacement. I have replaced the pins, but it still gets stuck. I have done the usual searches and phone calls. Any ideas who to call?

View attachment 35227
I have one at home that was on my  old car before I changed to Sweet. I actually looked at it yesterday and said to myself that I need to sell it. It looks similar to yours, but I won't be home until Thursday to measure and count splines. My recommendation though would be for you to make the change now to one you know is quality and available both now and in the future. Where are you located? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think mine is Latest Rage. Similar to the one in the link, but I have a 3 hole and it looks like you'll need a 5 hole.

The one in the link is 30 spline but I can't find info on the diameter.

https://www.mooreparts.com/steering-wheel-quick-disconnect-5-bolt-wheel-to-3-4-shaft/

I think mine is Latest Rage. Similar to the one in the link, but I have a 3 hole and it looks like you'll need a 5 hole.

The one in the link is 30 spline but I can't find info on the diameter.

https://www.mooreparts.com/steering-wheel-quick-disconnect-5-bolt-wheel-to-3-4-shaft/
Thanks for the link. I will call Latest Rage tomorrow. I could modify my wheel for any bolt pattern. I just use an aluminum sprint car steering wheel. I am near Tulsa, OK 

Thanks for the link. I will call Latest Rage tomorrow. I could modify my wheel for any bolt pattern. I just use an aluminum sprint car steering wheel. I am near Tulsa, OK 
Did you find what you were looking for?

No luck. I will be starting from new. Thanks.

No luck. I will be starting from new. Thanks.
Mine does measure 1.30" and is a 30 spline. I don't know the manufacture. If it's easier to buy mine than start over let me know. 

IMG_6945.jpg

IMG_6946.jpg

IMG_6947.jpg

IMG_6948.jpg

IMG_6949.jpg

I sent messages through Chatbox. I hope I did it right.

Back