Question on brake master cyl bore size!

Grease Monkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Im adding dual master cylinders to my brake pedal from a single setup.

Question I have. Front brakes are dual piston. Rear brakes are 4 piston.

With the new dual master and balance bar setup, should I still have a 5/8 and 3/4 bore set up (front and back) or go with the same bore on both masters and use the balance bar to make the difference?

I think you're good either way. Bigger bore is a harder push but shorter travel than the other. I think I have 7/8" rear and 3/4" front with a little balance bar action. It stops fine. I've considered going 5/8 on both for some time now but just haven't had any problems. I think I'll just leave it. Sure 5/8 would be equal push and travel but it's not that big a deal for me. I feel the balance bar handles the variable fine. Just my non-expert, gotta contribute type reply. I wont miss the lazy responses that say "learn to use the search bar" 😆

I think you're good either way. Bigger bore is a harder push but shorter travel than the other. I think I have 7/8" rear and 3/4" front with a little balance bar action. It stops fine. I've considered going 5/8 on both for some time now but just haven't had any problems. I think I'll just leave it. Sure 5/8 would be equal push and travel but it's not that big a deal for me. I feel the balance bar handles the variable fine. Just my non-expert, gotta contribute type reply. I wont miss the lazy responses that say "learn to use the search bar" 😆
I agree,  i have ran a couple of combo,  really matters when you have hanging pedals and limited travel, 

example on my 16'' hanger, if i use a 3/4 it will hit the firewall before anything happens, i use a 1'' and that leaves me with some pedal before the wall, 

a good start on floor pedals is a 3/4 -3/4

Back